A symbol of Love

My Master was taking me somewhere again. It has been a while since he took me to the vision of what his homeland used to look like. That was an Illusion though. from what I could tell, today he was actually taking me somewhere. I had no idea where he was taking me, however.

Dracal was there to see us off, smiling as he waved to us goodbye. What was weird though is we were not at the drawbridge or the stables. We were near the back of the palace at the poot of a giant pond.

There was an escort of soldiers with us as well. Maybe about six in total. All standing behind us with their backs straight and their spears up.

Dracal started walking back into the palace, with two guards of his own at his flanks and the Master turned to me. I blinked up at him with wide and confused eyes.

They flicked down to his gauntlets as they extended out towards me. The purple metal gleamed brightly in the morning sun, and the black leather underneath creaked as he moves his fingers slightly.

I looked back up to his eyes, but as usual, it was hard to read his expression. Since we had started sharing almost all of our time together, it has gotten a little easier to read his stoic expressions.

I could just barely make out an expression that was trying to tell me to trust him. I blinked at him one more time, my eyes glancing back at the armored men behind us, and placed my hands atop his.

He pulled me close so that I was pressed up against his chest. My face squished lightly against his cold armor as he wrapped his arms around me, keeping me flushed tightly against him.

He turned slightly so that his back was to the pool, and slowly started to fall backward. Like a tree being felled in the forest, the giant man started to timber. I let out a little yelp before we were submerged, but once my head was underwater, I did not feel anything.

I had the sensation flowing all around me of being underwater, I could even feel my dress being lifted up and swaying around me. However, it felt like I was still in the air, underneath the sun we had just left.

I could still breathe, and I could open my eyes and see clearly. Blue was what I mostly saw, with a shimmering and out-of-focus sun somewhere above us as we sank.

No, we were rising? The watery world around me was turning and turning I had no way to tell where up and down was. All I know is that we were sinking down to a surface?

We broke through the water tension below us, standing, not swimming or falling through. Master Ambrose held me close as he simply walked out of whatever portal he had just taken me through.

I could hear the guards coming through behind us as well. master Ambrose set me down onto some grass as some wind blew over us. I lifted my hand to shield my face as I turned to look where we were, only to drop it again in pure shock as I looked over the very familiar piece of land.

This was my home village. Down below us were the town square and the market. People milled about and chatted among themselves as they had always done.

Something was different though. Everything was cleaner than before, it must have been rebuilt after the siege. I almost started weeping with joy right there.

I started to take a step forward, but my arm was caught again and I turned to look at my Master. He looked at me sternly, pointing with a metal claw up at the sun and raising two fingers.

Two hours, I had two hours to mill about and see the people I had not seen in so long. I gave him the biggest smile I think I had ever had, practically jumping onto him and wrapping my arms around his neck.