Masters Cursed Steed

A/N: So there was a massive panic at my work the other day. someone tested positive for the virus. I was not around that person a lot but my mother who works there too and who I live with was so we are both in quarantine. Hurray, I guess. And I just want to thank everyone who took the new story poll. I love all of those ideas so much and I just can't decide! I want to do all of them!!

Dawn came, and I was with Master Ambrose and Dracal outside in the courtyard. A group of guards surrounded us and we watched as servants gathered the horses for the ride.

All of the Guards horses were gray in color and heavily armored, kicking their hoofs out into the grass and throwing their heads back.

One servant came forward, holding the leading ropes of two horses. One was a Buckskin, and the other was a large Draft Fresian. The Buckskin was dressed in pale and yellow silks while the Fresian was decorated in black leather with spikes on its face covering.

I jumped at Master Ambrose grabbed me by the waist. Easily hoisting me up onto the Fresian as Dracal climbed onto the Buckskin.

I could feel the powerful draft horse underneath me as he breathed. I could not help reaching out a hand and stroking down the back of his neck. He nickered at me in response. All of the Guards climbed onto their mounts and that left only the Master unsaddled. I almost thought he was going to climb on with me and I worried if the horse would be able to hold me, and my Armored Master.

That was not the case though, Master Ambrose had his own steed, and it was in stable 1. My eyes were wide as I remembered taking the boxes to that stable back when I was a regular servant. When I tripped and spilled out the remains of the people who had stolen from the pantry. Cut into pieces for whatever was inside the stable to eat. I never saw any of its features, only that it had fiery orange eyes.

The Master showed away the servants and opened the stable doors himself. Disappearing into the darkness within where no one could see him, or what was inside. He was already mounted when he came back out, and my eyes widened in disbelief.

His steed...was a Unicorn.

Not like any Unicorn from the many tales my parents told me as a little girl. Not a pure white horse with a long flowing mane. This was as black as ink, with a wild yellow mane. It had a long lion-like tail with a puff of yellow hair on the end, and Yellow frills at the base of its hooves. Other than its orange eyes, the most notable thing about it was its Horn.

It was dead center in the middle of its forehead and spiraled up perfectly, before becoming slightly crooked at the end with a wicked point. And it was as clear as glass, I could actually slightly see through it.

She was not built like a draft horse but was the biggest steed in the group. Towering over even the Fresian as she carried Master Ambrose in his full set of armor as if he was not even there.

I... I could not believe it. An actual real-life Unicorn right in front of my very eyes. They were only beings in fairytales, no one going if they were true or not. I never in my life have heard anything about black Unicorns. Even more than that... Unicorns that feasted on the flesh of humans.

I suddenly remembered hearing the tales of a warlord who rode a black unicorn. In fact, I was talking to my father about it only two days before the raid on our village.

The story was true. A giant man with the eyes of a demon who rode a black Unicorn who was just as cursed as he was. Cursed? Was that why he was so good at magic. I had only seen it three times, but each time I witnessed it it had chilled me to the core of my soul.

At her presence, all of the other horses in the courtyard lowered their heads and flattened their ears. She walked with her head high and with a proud gate as Ambrose directed her right next to me.