A Warlocks Best Friend: Part 1

The sun was going down now. We had perhaps an hour more of sunlight before it completely disappeared over the mountains now. The entire land was coated in its warm orange haze.

The faraway mountains turned purple and the snow that coated them looked like lakes of fire as they reflected the sunlight. The whole place reminded me of waking up next to Master Ambrose.

I was so warm in his arms. He always held me throughout the whole night, every night. Never letting go and never rolling over once. My body was just so small compared to his, it's a relief he never, ever crushed me in his sleep by accident.

It was so different compared to the bed my brother and I shared at my old house. That's something I hoped that changed for all of the poor people as well. I hoped the living conditions were able to be improved. With everything else that we have been helped with it would not have surprised me.

Before I was taken, I was trying to build up the courage to ask my beloved if perhaps my family could move into the castle with us. I was just too afraid of what his answer would have been.

I sighed as I played with the light blue dress with yellow fringes that Leodai had given me. I looked back at the fountain behind me, smiling as I remembered the princes' and me splashing in there a few days ago.

As fond as I was becoming of them. I still wished that I was back in Midora. Every single day I wished for that. Yes, things had started out rocky with the Master, but they were better now and they were still getting better.

I just had to hope that in my absence that he continued to stay better, and remained good to the people. I did not want for him to fall all the way back to square one.

A figure suddenly materialized beside me and I jumped with a yell. Calming down as I noticed that it was only Lord Conrad. He smiled at me and took a seat next to me.

" I am sorry Lady Y/N. It was not my intention to startle you." He said, looking down at me. I breathed out a sigh in relief and looked up at him.

" I've never seen you teleport before. Though I'm not surprised you know how to." I chuckled. My heart still racing from that scare. He looked down at me in silence for a moment before laughing. Throwing his head back and chuckling out for the world to hear.

" I did not teleport my lady. I simply walked up to you. You were quite deep in your thoughts there in simply did not see me approach." He said and a surge of embarrassment washed over me. I looked away as a blush coated my face.

" Oh... I'm sorry about that." I mumbled as I hid in my flustered state.

" Oh, no need to be sorry. Deep thoughts are nothing to be ashamed of. Please don't hide from me." He cooed. Gently grabbing me by my chin with his index finger and thumb, bringing my face back up to meet his.

I stilled at his action, unsure of how to respond. He gave me a very fond smile. His eyes half-lidded as he gazed into my eyes. He let out a soft sigh.

" I quite enjoy your company Y/N. I don't care if you are a lady by blood or not. I have only ever met one person like you. You are a rare kind of light in this world, cursed or not... I want to help you in any way I can." He said gently.

I was flattered by his words, but a little uncomfortable by his stare. He was an odd man to begin with, but I had yet to see this look ever cross his features.

Smiling in politeness, I thanked him and pulled away. He kept his hand there in the air for a few seconds longer. Since I was looking away I missed the drop of his smile. Though he quickly put it back on.