Chapter 35

"Verily, with every difficulty, there is relief."

Qur'an 94:5

Walking into the fancy restaurant hand in hand, Rida glanced around the place to witness a group of girls gazing at Rehan who was talking to the manager for a table. Looking at the girls, wearing perfect dresses with makeup on, she felt out of place. She was simply decked up in a kurta and a jean and she hadn’t even noticed if her face looked alright but she was sure she looked nothing less than a clown in front of the girls who were now shamelessly eyeing her husband.

Rehan pulled her with himself, while she caught hold of his arm tightly feeling out of place. He glanced at her to see her looking around the place and understanding her turmoil he placed his right hand on her hand assuring her through his eyes making her give him a small smile. The manager took them to a reserved area which had just one table. She was glad that they were away from the girls who were eating her husband through their eyes, while shooting draggers at her.

“I hope you enjoy the lunch, I will send the waiter to take your orders.” The man said bowing a little while Rehan smiled at him. He looked at Rida who now looked a little at relief.

“I am so sorry actually this is the only place near to my office and I have an urgent meeting in an hour so I need to be in the office as soon as possible.” He said taking her hand in his hold while she shook her head letting him know that she did not mind.

“So tell me what did you do the entire day?” He asked but before she could reply, the waiter walked in asking for their order.

Rida had no idea what she was supposed to order so she looked at Rehan who already had his gaze on her. She shrugged her shoulder making him chuckle. Understanding, he nodded his head before giving the order. She was actually surprised when she noticed him ordering her favourite food.

“How did you know that I love it?” She asked once she was sure the waiter was out of sight while he smirked at her moving a little closer.

“The way you look at it says it all.” He said making her blush in embarrassment. She did not know what kind of reaction she would give looking at her favourite food but she was sure it would be nothing near to good.

“Shut up.” She whispered drinking the glass of water to hide her flushed face making him laugh.

“So tell me what did you do today?” He asked once again pulling out his phone from his pocket checking it for a second before placing it on the table moving his entire attention to his wife.

“What do you expect to happen being with Faiz and Faiza in the same house?” She asked shaking her head and he nodded his head with a huge grin on his face.

“Do you think there is something going on between the two?” He questioned, hesitating a little remembering Faiz’s stare in the air knowing it was either of the two girls who had walked upstairs.

He was afraid about Rida’s reaction for in the end Faiza was her sister and he did not want to sound a nosy brother in law.

“Though I know Faiza, if there was something as such she would have told me but I do think there is something. Like she took help from Faiz for some maths equation and he helped her but he did ask for something in return like food but I know she never take help from people except me so that was a new to me.” Rida answered him remembering their conversation from the kitchen when they were at her parent’s place.

“Oh, I just asked since I had my doubt when I noticed Faiz staring at Faiza and Farheen when they were walking upstairs. I thought that maybe it would be Faiza since Farheen is his cousin.” He said and she made a thinking face while nodding her head.
“I think we should confront them.” Rida said but Rehan shook his head, “I don’t think that’s a good idea what if it’s nothing like we think and we end up hurting their feelings for doubting them?” He questioned and she once again fell into deep thoughts understanding her husband’s point of view.