Chapter 23

"And among His signs is this that He created for you mates from among yourselves that you may dwell in tranquillity with them and He has put love and mercy between your hearts: verily in that are signs for those who reflect."

(Surah ar Rum:Ayah 21)

***

"Take care of yourself and please do not trouble Rehan and come home soon." Mrs Sayed said hugging Kaif. It was the day when they had to be back to London.

Rehan and Kaif were seeing them off on the airport while the Sayed family was waiting for the Shaikh family. More than anyone it was Rehan who was waiting for their arrival. It had been few days to their nikaah and he had not seen Rida. They had even stopped talking on phone since these days he had been busy with work and she had not messaged him too.

"I am sorry we are late." Rehan heard Mr Shaikh and they started meeting while Rehan started looking around for that one person who looked missing.

"Searching for someone?" He was startled when he heard Faiza. He turned to his left to see her smirking and he shook his head embarrassed rubbing the back of his neck.

"No." He replied smiling at Faiza and moved to Kaif who was talking to his mother.

He smiled looking at how Mrs Sayed was worried for Kaif. From the time they were on the airport she hadn't even left him all the while asking him to be back. At some point Rehan had felt the hurt in his chest because this was the feeling he had never experienced.

"Rehan my son!" He turned around when he heard Mrs Shaikh walking towards him. He smiled at her but his eyes landed behind her where she was standing talking to Mr Sayed looking simply beautiful. He couldn't help take off his eyes of her but when he felt the patting on his cheek he looked to see Shehnaz was smiling at him.

"How are you aunty?" He asked taking her in his arms but she moved away rolling her eyes.

"I think I called you son?" She asked and he nodded his head confused.

"And you are married to my Rida now so you can call me mum." She said and Rehan felt something warm in his chest.

Mum? He always wanted a mother in his life. He had never received the love from mother and he blamed his father for it. He has always kept him in the dark. He never knew what happened to his mother. He would always beat him if he ever asked him about his mother. But now the time had changed. He was married. He now had a wife. He had a mother. He had a father who was far better than his father.

"Rehan?" He was brought back from his though by a worried looking Shehnaz.

"Yes mum?" He asked his heart almost hammering in his chest. Shehnaz smiled at him and patted his cheek walking away but not before asking him to come home more often.

"It's time." Sheerin said hearing the flight announcement. Everyone hugged one last time.

"Come to London soon." Mrs Sayed said looking at Rehan and Kaif and they nodded their head smiling at the old lady.

They waved at them until they were out of sight. Rehan looked at Kaif who looked sad. He smiled and patted his shoulder and Kaif turned to him with an assuring smile.

"Let's leave." Abdul said and everyone nodded their head. The elder couple walked ahead followed by the boys and girls.

Rehan and Rida had not exchanged any words with each other. Rida felt sad that Rehan had not even greeted her but with a small smile she ignored it.

"We'll go to Saif's place he got some work." Rehan said turning to Kaif and he nodded his head busy with his cell phone.

"Why don't we take Rida and Faiza too along with us?" Kaif asked and Rehan thought about it.