Chapter 2

"And if you are in doubt about what we have sent down upon our servant (Muhammad), then produce a surah the like there of and call upon your witnesses other than Allah, if you should be truthful."

[Surah Al-Baqarah | Verse 23]

***

Being a medical student isn't easy. It comes with lots of hard work and striving. And on top of that when you are anything but shy, it becomes more difficult. And Rida was one of them. She had struggled to do her BSc, and now that her studies were almost over, she was trying her best to get some luck in the work she would chose.

She looked at her sister, Faiza, who was busy doing her history answers.

"What's there so difficult in that?" Rida asked walking towards her while taking a seat and Faiza looked at her sister, glaring.

"You haven't done my subjects,, so you won't know." She said frustrated both because of the answer and her sister, who was enjoying her last days of college while she just started with her first year.

"I wouldn't know? For your kind information, I am a science student and science is much more difficult than arts, or whatever your subjects are." Rida said taking a sip from her chocolate shake.

Rida always wanted to take up literature, because she found peace in those rather than physics and maths and when she had suggested this thing to her mother, her mother was astonished to know that her daughter wanted to take up a career in literature, after struggling for two years in science. Her mom had suggested that she keep literature as her side business and continue her career with science stream. She had nevertheless had nodded her head for her mother, with her heart bleeding and was now doing BSc, and had almost completed her studies, with just one semester left.

"Hey that's mine." She said taking the chocolate shake away while Rida, came back from her thoughts rolling her eyes at her annoying sister.

"And every student finds their faculty difficult." Faiza said and Rida smirked at her sister.

"Yeah yeah, I know. Now you study." She said and deep down she herself knew that not every child had the same mental ability.

Some children were smart enough to excel in everything including their career while some children lacked this ability of excelling in life. And there were some just like her, who would excel in career but not in life.

"CAN'T YOU SHUT UP?" Rida heard her father's voice and she sighed. She turned to Faiza who now had cotton buds in her ears.

Her family wasn't like any other family, who would have understanding among them. Her parents lacked that quality. Her mother was the understanding one in their relationship. Their ideas collided with each other resulting in fights. And this fights had a huge impact on Rida's life. The once bubble carefree girl was all lost and stressed because of her family problems.

She walked down her room to see her mother and father still arguing. She sighed and walked inside the living room.

"Can't you'll stop fighting for once?" She asked defeated almost on the verge of crying.

"You don't speak in between." Her father shouted at her and that built anger in her.

"I WILL SPEAK. EVERYDAY ITS THE SAME STORY. YOU COME HOME AND THEN YOU AND MOM FIGHT." She yelled taking sharp breath feeling a pain in her chest while tears running down her face.

"Mom at least you understand." she turned to her mother while her mother was on the verge of crying.

"How much Rida? How much? It's the same for the past 24 years." Her Mom said tears spilling her eyes and Rida couldn't stop the tears running down my face.