Chapter 14

Ibn Umar reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “The False Messiah will come upon this marsh of Marriqanat (near Medina). Most of those who go out to him will be women, until a man goes back to his wife, his mother, his daughter, his sister, and his aunt to shackle them tightly, fearing they would go out to him.

***

The two days passed quickly while Rehan busy with his work. Since he wasn't here for a month there was a lot he needed to check in, even though everything was going on smoothly he just needed something to take his mind off.

"Rehan what are you doing here?" Kaif said waking in his cabin, gazing at Rehan who had his eyes on the laptop a frown on his face.

"Nothing was just going the presentation." Rehan said and Kaif nodded his head taking a seat in front of him.

"But what are you doing here? Don't you have to be at the airport to receive your father?" Rehan asked looking at the time and Kaif nodded his head taking the magazine that was kept on the table aimlessly.

"Well I had to be but their flight got delayed so I might leave in an hour and you are accompanying me." Kaif said and Rehan raised his eyebrow at him shaking his head.

"I never said that I would be coming with you." Rehan said glaring at Kaif who was now reading the magazine not giving a heed about what Rehan was speaking.

"I know you never said, but I am telling you this." Kaif said and Rehan did not argue because he knew arguing with him would be a waste of time.

"What is wrong with you?" Kaif asked Rehan making him confused. He shrugged his shoulder not knowing what he was speaking about.

"Nothing is wrong with me." Rehan said taking a file that was kept at the end of the table, "Why would you ask me such a question?" Rehan asked after going through the file while glancing at Kaif but then again going back to the file.

"Because you have been utterly quiet since the day we visited Saif's house and you are trying to neglect your food and not to forget you have been engrossed in this files." Kaif said snatching the file from Rehan, making him glare at him. He ignored what he said and continued working on his laptop avoiding the heated gaze that was on him.

"You are just overthinking." Rehan said after a long period of time making Kaif to sigh. He didn't knew what was wrong with Rehan but he was sure it had to be something related to Rida. Gaining enough courage he asked,

"Does it have to do something with Rida?" Kaif looked at Rehan who stiffed at her mention but then slowly shook his head and continued his work.

Kaif sighed in defeat not asking anything further and left, giving Rehan his personal space but not before reminding him that they had to leave in an hour to collect his parents.

Rehan saw Kaif leaving his cabin making him sigh. He didn't knew what was wrong with him. He knew Kaif had pointed out the right thing but he did not feel like he should disclose what was bothering him because he himself was confused onto what exactly was bothering him.

He didn't knew whether it was Rida's marriage talk or the fact that Rida and Kaif knew each other and that he had hidden it from him? He didn't knew what was pissing him so much and that was the reason he had been avoiding Rida too.

He looked down at his phone that had so many messages from Rida. He knew she might be thinking that he would be busy with his work, and he was glad but he was also ashamed knowing that she wasn't even wrong and he was ignoring her.