Chapter 34

Walk alone until Allah sends you someone to walk with.

“Well I knew it he wouldn’t let me take Safa with me and that is the only reason I came here with my bag for a month so that I can take care of my daughter and my daughter’s daughter.” Safa’s mother said making everyone to laugh while Saif smiled sheepishly at her. He knew that whatever she had said was right; he wouldn’t let his girls away from him even for a second.

Safa was discharged from the hospital finding her parents at her place, Safa was surprised to find her mother with her luggage.

“Aunty is well aware of you, Saif.” Rehan teased in turn to be only glared that made him stick his tongue out at him.

“And here come ice creams.” Farheen yelled walking with a tray full of ice cream bowls followed by Rida.

Faiza jumped up from her place moving to where the ice creams were kept. Just as she was about to take a bowl, she noticed a hand taking it away from her. She gazed up narrowing her eyes at Faiz who was doing a great job ignoring her. Without saying anything she was about to take the next to which he did the same. Groaning she tried the third but the same repeated. The process repeated until there were no bowls left. She knew he was doing it purposely, to annoy her but she too had decided to not give him liability to play with her.

Looking up, she murdered him with her looks to see him taking a seat with two bowls in his hands. Everyone laughed looking at Faiza who quietly took her seat besides Rida who was enjoying her ice cream while she grumbled feeling her mouth water.

Farheen hit Faiz with the cushion asking him to give her the ice cream knowing her cousin well but Faiz did not move instead he kept the another bowl besides him while tasting the other.

“Mmm chocolate ice cream.” He moaned and Faiza could only imagine killing him. “Uff this ice cream just melts in the mouth mmm.” He moaned purposely moving his face towards where Faiza sat while she clenched her fist holding onto her anger.

“Oh yes Faiz the taste is very much amazing.” Rida supported him looking at her sister while Faiza shut her eyes closed. Rehan chuckled looking at Faiza who was almost sitting rigid and he knew she would be cursing the two in her mind.

“Faiza here take this.” Rehan said and extended his ice cream that he hadn’t eaten, from in front of Rida making Faiza to loosen up. She smiled brightly at him ready to take it but her sister showed his hand away glaring at him but Rehan gave her the ice cream from behind her making her squeal like a child.

Faiza took the ice cream and in no time it was being fed to her mouth relishing the flavour. She knew her sister would never let her husband not have it so she ate the ice cream with no worry.

Rida narrowed her eyes at Rehan who grinned at her, “We were just teasing her.” Rida remarked and he nodded his head knowing it well. Without saying anything Rida looked at Faiz to see him extending the ice cream bowl to her while he glared at Rehan.

“You just had to take away my happiness.” Faiz mumbled when he noticed Faiza smirking at him while he looked away from her.

“Just like you and appi are a team, I and Rehan bhai are a team too.” Faiza exclaimed looking at Rehan with a knowing look and he smirked at her nodding his head while eating his ice cream making Faiz to groan for who wouldn’t know it better than him.

“Okay I guess that’s enough for the day Faiza.” Rida glanced up to see her parents standing up. They were about to leave while Faiza begged to stay for a little while.

“Don’t worry dad, I will drop her home.” Rehan said smiling at her and she grinned widely at him. “The best brother in law.” She said making her mother to roll her eyes at her.