Chapter 26

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatahu wattpad family! I hope everyone is doing great and staying home.

I hope you all had an amazing Ramadan and Eid too! May Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala accept our fasts and our prayers and forgive our sins.

Extremely sorry for the late update but I hope you all enjoy it! Do give me your reviews.

***
One of the most important lesson we all can learn from life is that, Allāh knows best. His judgement is that is best for us. The sooner we realise the better it is for us. There is nothing wrong in planning our future but one should have his faith in Allāh subhanahu wa ta'ala. Do not question Allāh's wisdom; especially when it does not work out. In the end our real goal is jannah and we strive for it. This dunya is just a test, a platform for us to work for the akhirah.

***

Days turned into months and it was already the day Rida would be graduating college. These past months Rida had been busy with her exams, thus the result of less interaction with her husband. While she was busy with her college work, her parents were getting things ready for her reception. Everyone had come to a conclusion that within a week of Rida’s graduation they will hold a small reception ceremony that will only include people who were close to them.

Since the nikaah was a small ceremony and there wasn’t any wedding ceremony held so everyone had come to conclusion that they would distribute the work and money for the reception despite Rehan’s pleading of letting him do all the payment. They had come to decision that the venue will be organized by the groom while the couple’s reception attire would be given by Rida’s parents. 

“Mum where is my black pearl hijab?” Rida asked after searching for her in her entire wardrobe. She loved the hijab to her core and wanted to wear it to this special occasion but was frustrated on not finding it.

“It has been put to wash.” Her mother yelled and Rida groaned in annoyance. She went back to her room and after a lot of struggle found a black hijab that she had hardly worn in these past years.

“Mum come on we are getting late.” Rida said walking down while adjusting her hijab securely around her head. She looked in the living room to realise Safa was present.

“Safa what a pleasant surprise and by the way when did you come?” Rida asked taking Safa in a hug. She was being extra careful with Safa as she was now six months pregnant. Rida always had fear of being around a pregnant lady. She would always feel that she might end up hurting the month or worse the baby growing inside.

“I just came right now, Saif dropped me here and left since he and Rehan had to be somewhere in an hour.” Safa said trying to read Rida’s mind to which she only nodded her head with a smile.

“Yeah, I remember Rehan telling me about it. Now common sit down until we leave.” Rida said and slowly helped Safa to take a sit while keeping a small cushion behind her back for support.

“I’ll just go and Check on mum and dad.” Rida said and as she turned around to leave Safa caught hold of her hand. Rida looked at her hand and then at Safa with a questioning gaze. She sat down on her knees asking if she needed anything.

“You know right, Rehan wouldn’t be with you today on such an important event?” Safa asked and Rida furrowed her eyebrows nodding her head knowing what she was speaking about.

“But he should be since you are his wife now. You should have insisted him to come and attend the ceremony.” Safa said glaring at her and Rida giggled patting her cheek.