Chapter 21

"And among His signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves that you may swell in tranquility with them and He has put love and mercy between your hearts: verily in that are signs for those who reflect."

   (Surah ar Rum:Ayah 21)

***

Marriage - one word, eight letters and thousands of feelings that is only felt by that person experiencing it. It is one of the most purest form of feeling one can ever experience. It is the union between two people, two hearts and two souls. If it is an arranged marriage then there is an excitement of knowing the person and falling in love with the person. If it is a love marriage then there is happiness of finally being with the person you love your entire life. But whatever the case is; there is commitment, feelings and a little bit of nervousness involved and all that Rida felt at the moment was nervousness.

She hadn’t slept the entire night thinking about how her life would change after the marriage but then she would laugh on her own self. She still would be living her life as usual since she would be with her parents for 4 months after her marriage too.

There was only almost two hours left for her nikaah and she was lying on her bed thinking about her would be husband. She had known him before their marriage but would he still remain the same after their marriage? How would she react if he comes in front of her during those 4 months? How is she going to start the conversation after their nikaah?  How would he speak to her? There were so many questions that were unanswered and would be only answered after their nikaah.

Their nikaah.

Rida felt her heart taking pace. She felt the animals from the zoo had now started playing circus in her stomach. A blush crept up on her cheeks making her smile. Just as she was about to get lost in her dreamland she was startled by the knock on the door.

She sat up straight and started rubbing her cheek. After gaining her compose, with a blank face she got up to open the door. She was actually surprise to see Aafia and Faiza standing on the door with a look that said I-knew-it. She raised her eyebrow but they pushed her and entered the room.

“Wash your face with this face wash and then I will start doing my work and please no arguments today.” Faiza said showing her sister in to the washroom before she could even speak up.

Rida sighed and looked at the face wash that Faiza had forced in her hand. She kept it near the washbasin and looked at her face. She was not surprised to see the dark circles under her eyes but was surprised to see the pimple on the right side of her cheek. She clearly remembers that her face was all clear until night then what had she done to get a pimple just on her special day!? But who was she even kidding, things happened when least expected and we were suppose to deal with it.

She washed her face with the face wash and walked out searching for the towel that was handed to her by Aafia. She thanked her and took it wiping her face. She threw the towel on her bed and started pulling her hair up in a bun ready for the cake that would be applied on her face but before she could do that Aafia told her that she should first change her outfit to not tell her makeup spoil.

Understanding what they had to say, Rida changed into the outfit that was bought by them few days back. She looked in the mirror unsure of the dress. The only thing that came in her mind was bright. The colour looked bright to Rida compared to the colours that she would like to wear. Just she was looking at herself in the mirror, Faiza and Aafia entered and looked at her through the mirror, with admiration in their eyes. They nodded their head at Rida making her know that she was looking absolutely gorgeous in the dress but Rida was still not sure about it, so she just shook her head.