Chapter 8

Aisha reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, If the sins of a servant are numerous and he does not have good deeds to compensate, Allah will afflict him with sadness as an expiation for him.

Source: Musnad Aḥmad 24708

Grade: Hasan (fair) according to Al-Suyuti

عَنْ عَائِشَةَ قَالَتْ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَإِذَا كَثُرَتْ ذُنُوبُ الْعَبْدِ وَلَمْ يَكُنْ لَهُ مَا يُكَفِّرُهَا مِنْ الْعَمَلِ ابْتَلَاهُ اللَّهُ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ بِالْحُزْنِ لِيُكَفِّرَهَا عَنْهُ

***

Rehan walked through the path he has been visiting for a month now. He smiled at each and everyone greeting them on his way. He entered his cabin to find Kaif sitting with his entire concentration reading the newspaper that was handed upside down. Rehan smiled looking at him and sat down on his seat, keeping his cell phone on the table and gazing at Kaif.

"You are holding the paper wrongly." Rehan said and embarrassed Kaif looked up at Rehan glaring at him keeping the newspaper making Rehan to raise her eyebrow.

"What were you trying to show me?" Rehan asked with his eyebrow raised making Kaif sigh.

"Well today morning got some good doze from dad so was trying to be productive like you." He said and Rehan giggled making Kaif to narrow his eyes at him.

"You cannot be called productive if you are reading a newspaper." Rehan said and Kaif smiled at him and took his phone out.

"By the way Dad has called you." Kaif said looking up at Rehan who was now working on his laptop, making Rehan to look up at him.

"Why?" Rehan asked shutting down his laptop getting up already on his way.

"I have no idea." Kaif shrugged and looked up at Rehan who was almost out of the cabin, standing up and running after him.

Rehan and Kaif both walked to Mr Sayed's cabin. Rehan was anticipated to know what was the reason. He had been getting positivity vibes from morning and now when he was called he did not wanted something wrong to happen. His work was going great and if by any chance there would be any fault he would have to start again and not just that he would have to stay longer than expected.

Kaif looked at Rehan with a smirk on his face. He could see the frown on his face but he knew that it was just for a few moment because the new is father was going to bombard on Rehan would be worth it. He was waiting for his reaction.

They entered Mr Sayed's cabin to find him sitting busy on his laptop while besides him was Nabil showing him something on the laptop. They looked up from their respective work when they felt someone's presence. They smiled when they looked at Rehan and Kaif. Mr Sayed glanced at a worried Rehan and then at Kaif with his raised eyebrow. Kaif smiled at his father and the both men understood that Kaif hadn't told Rehan about the 'deal'.

"Assalamualaikum Mr Sayed, you called me?" Rehan initiated the conversation, not able to handle the suspense about something being wrong and now he could hear the beating of his heart beat. He looked at the three who were smiling at him and he found a little peace. Maybe it was something good and not something bad, like he was thinking, Maybe?

"Walaikumassalam Rehan. How are you my boy, take a seat and calm down nothing is wrong." He said pointing to the chair in front of him, making Rehan to sigh in relief. Rehan took a seat followed by Kaif who was waiting for the moment. Nabil coughed a little gaining Rehan's attention. Rehan raised his eyebrow asking him through his eyes what was the matter but Nabil just shrugged it away.