Chapter 38

"Difficult times are meant to bring you closer to the Almighty. So if you are having a rough day or a tough time, be calm. Let His Plan Unfold."

Mufti Ismail Menk

It had been three days since there was no updates form Kaif and with each passing day Rida’s eagerness was increasing. It was not hidden from anyone that she was nervous, worried about something and even though Rehan tried getting it from her she was adamant on not speaking anything.

She was not just worried about the truth but she was also worried about Kaif. She knew how the man was capable enough to keep tracks of everything and she was scared thinking he might find out about their plan, about her attempts of finding his aunt and in that he might not just hurt Kaif but her Rehan too who was still in dark of everything.

Just as she was lost in her thoughts, trying her best to be normal in front of Rehan she felt a hand on her shoulder startling her. Turning around she found Rehan looking at her worriedly while she stood up giving him a small smile before wrapping her arms around him. No matter however stressed she was, looking at him brought her ease. She closed her eyes enjoying his warmth when she heard him sigh deeply before wrapping his arms around her making her smile.

“Are you still not going to tell me what is bothering you?” Rehan asked and she looked up at him to find him already looking down at her. Smiling she shook her head before pecking his cheek lightly making him smile. It had now become her habit of kissing his cheek as mean to not stress him about her worried figure but she knew him better to know until and unless she wouldn’t speak what was bothering her it would bother him too.

“I love you.” Rehan said kissing her hair and her eyes brighten in delight. Every time he would say those words to her it felt that she was listening to it for the first time even though he had managed to say it more than hundred times in three days.

She reciprocated his feelings back making Rehan to be at ease. He did not understand what was bothering her but he hoped it was not related to him or he would never forgive himself for bringing her into his messed up life. He never knew that his so called father was so cruel to not let him have any happiness in his life.

“I think you should leave.” He was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Rida. Smiling a little he gave her a peck one last time before moving away from her. Smiling she walked him to the door wishing him a great day while Rehan patted her cheek. One last glance at her and he made his way out of the gate.

Rida heaved deeply, feeling guilty for hiding things from Rehan but she knew he wouldn’t let her do things that were related to him or his past. She walked inside checking her phone to only be disappointed. She now was having an internal conflict whether to call Kaif and ask about any updates when she heard her phone go off. Looking at the screen she smiled widely, her heart beat taking pace looking at the caller id.

She received his call greeting him while he responded to her before asking her to reach his place. She could feel the rapid beating of her heart thinking of all the possibilities, but all she could do was wait until she reached his place.

In no time, she found herself standing in front of Kaif’s house while she could see herself reaching a peak. The door was opened by Kaif asking her to enter and she was surprised to find his parents present too. She greeted them, the surprise not hidden from her voice while they smiled at her before turning to their son.

They had landed just a few moments prior to Kaif had called Rida. While his mother wanted to be Rehan, Kaif had informed her that he knew nothing about what was going on and that she needed to wait to not let him suspect because Rida too was hiding things from him.