Chapter 27

"And whoever fears Allāh subhanahu wa ta'ala, He will make for him a way out. And will provide for him from where he does not expect. And whosoever relies upon Allāh, then He is sufficient for him. Indeed, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Allāh has already set for everything a (decreed) extend." [65:2-3]

***

"Rida come on check this out I need to see if the dress is fitting you properly or no." Aafia said trying to pull Rida up but she groaned and took the comforter over her head asking her to let her sleep.

"Rida you cannot sleep, it's already three in the afternoon and there are hardly any days left for the reception." Aafia said snatching the comforter but Rida did not let her do so, her eyes wide open thinking about the big day that was hardly three days away.

Rida did not even realise how it was already four months to their nikaah. A month back she was sulking thinking about how the days weren't passing and she was counting every minute and today there were hardly any days left. Within three days her life would change completely. She would no longer get to get up late and order her mum for breakfast instead she would have to make breakfast for her husband. She smiled thinking back to the days when her mum would taunt her about her laziness and she would ignore it.

"Rida you cannot just sit and order things, you need to work too. What will your mother in law think that I have not taught anything to my daughter?" Her mother said shaking her head at Rida who was comfortably seated on the kitchen counter drinking coffee.

"Don't worry mum I won't work. I will tell my mother in law to work or simple I would keep maids." Rida said smirking flipping her hair making her mother to roll her eyes.

Rida did not understand why her mother would worry about her after marriage life. She already had her future decided. She would not be like her mother, who would do the entire household chores alone or the fact that she would always make guest not go without having anything. Her mother was known as 'a machine' in her entire family and she did not wanted to be that.

She looked at her mother who was busy preparing for lunch her forehead sweating a little and Rida blew air over her to only get a glare in return.

"Yeah I know that's just for saying. You will realise it after your marriage. Now come help me." Her mother said making her get down but Rida just shrugged her shoulder.

"There is a long way for me to get married till then I might start learning." Rida mused and keeping the coffee mug in the sink she slowly slipped out of the kitchen making her mother to shake her head at her daughter's laziness.

"At least get your room cleaned." Her mother yelled at her retreating back and she sighed shaking her head walking towards her room to complete the task given to her, with a sulking face.

"What are you thinking?" Aafia asked looking at Rida smiling from beneath the comforter and Rida shook her head getting up and sitting Indian style.

"I did not even understand how fast time flew away. I still remember the time mum would yell at me to do household chores and I would always deny her saying that there was a long way to go and see here I am today, almost three days away from leaving behind my family and the luxuries life." She said looking at Aafia with a sad smile on her face.

Aafia looked at her nodding her head, agreeing to whatever her friend said. She sat down next to her keeping the pillow neatly on her lap, resting her hand on it.

"Cannot deny the truth that we have always taken our parents for granted and they never did complaint. We have always been so busy in our lives that we did not even realise that we were growing up so early and now we are forced of leave our parent's house. The house that has given us comforts, luxury and so much love."