Cooker

NICK P.O.V.: the next morning I woke up before Demi and headed downstairs. I started to make breakfast for both of us. I knew she liked to start her days with coffee so that's the first thing I did for her.

"What else can we do for her?" I whispered as I started to cut some fruits for me. "Oh, I know..."

I looked for bread and toasted it carefully. I then checked if she had cheese and ham, which she had. I made two sandwiches, two coffes, two bowls with fruits and added a glass of juice for her.

I sat to have breakfast and decided to wait for her to start eating. It took her about 10 minutes to enter te kitchen ready to start her day.

"Morning." She said.

"Morning." I watched her as she walked to grab an empty cup and cleared my throat. "Uh...I made us breakfast, I hope you don't mind me making yours without asking."

"You did? That's nice. Thank you." I nodded and she sat in front of me before starting eating. "This really is a good breakfast, I love the combination."

"I thought you would like it...I had a bad time thinking if you'd like it or not."

"I do, so chill."  We continued eating in silence until she chuckled causing me to stare at her.

"What?"

"Nothing...I was just thinking that some years ago I would've never accept a breakfast like this. I would've said it was too much food when it isn't that much."

"I'm glad you managed to change those thoughts."

"But I was thinner." She whispered and I frowned.

"If that worries you in any way just let me say without being inappropriate that I happen to find you as beautiful as ever."

"Well thanks." She said slightly blushing. "Why would it be inappropriate tho?"

"I don't know. I don't want you to think I'm trying something I'm not."

"Don't worry, I would never think you're trying to get me...I'm not your type, so don't worry." I could've swore she said that with sadness in her eyes, but I was probably just wishing she felt something for me.

"You're gonna work today?"

"Just some hours before lunch."

"I can make lunch for us if you want..."

"What are we eating then?"

"Mmmm surprise."

"You haven't thought of it yet, are you?" I shook my head and we laughed. "It's okay, I'll like whatever you make."

"I'm not a good cooker, you know that." She shrugged.

"Me neither, you're probably better than me."

She stood up from her stool and smiled at me.

"I'm leaving, see you at lunch."