Coffee Talk

NICK'S P.O.V.:

I parked my car on the underground parking lot of the coffee Demi told me to go to and walked out of it to find her standing by her car. She was waiting for me to arrive.

"So, we don't have to worry about being photographed here, do we?" I asked her and she shook her head.

"No, no one can see you in the shop. They can only catch you while leaving in your car...but there's no one around. No one's following us. So chill." I nodded.

"Okay, so...let's enter?" She nodded and we walked silently to the underground door of the coffee shop. I smiled and entered behind her. She finally took her sunglasses off when we started to walk upstairs to get to the first floor of the place.

"Welcome guys." A young guy told us and we nodded greeting him. "Table for two?"

"Yes, please." Demi answered to him and he gave us a table in a corner of the place.

"What will you have today?" He asked Demi.

"Just a simple coffee with croissants please." He wrote it down and looked at me.

"Umm, a coffee too. With a jam and cheese sandwich." He wrote it down and was about to leave when Demi called him.

"Martin." He turned around. "His coffee is sugar free." I smiled noticing she still knew that kind of things, even when I forgot sometimes to specify my orders.

"Thank you." I told her once he left and she shrugged.

"I don't want you to die because of me. So, chill." I chuckled and titled my head.

"You come here often, don't you?" She nodded with pressed lips.

"I like it here. I use to come alone and enjoy some calm time for myself. Martin is always who takes my orders. We're almost like friends..."

There was a moment of silence until Martin brought us our orders. We started eating and she chuckled.

"As a teen I used to take a croissant for granted. Then, I spent seven years without eating them and...I realized my fault." I chuckled as she smiled slightly.

"They taste good, but aren't my favorite anyways so..." She nodded with raised eyebrows.

"I know they aren't. There are another things you enjoy more than this." I smiled at her and she chowed down on her lip.

"I'm sorry for everything you had to hear while in the cemetery. I wanted to tell my dad everything I had inside...it's the last part of the therapy."

"Well, it doesn't bother me. You know." She pressed her lips together and sipped on her coffee.

"My therapist told me to go there with someone who I could trust enough to listen to me while saying that stuff." I nodded. "I just...you're the only person that knows everything I've always thought about my dad and I didn't want to bother you...that's why I didn't call you."

"But surprisingly, I was there anyways." She nodded. "You should've call. I would've went there with you." She chuckled.