Texts and Doubts

NICK P.O.V.:

I was watching tv and chilling on the couch while Priyanka was studying a new role she'd be playing soon on screen. I chuckled as I heard her acting in our bedroom and shook my head slightly. There was something about her life as an actress that was actually pretty weird to me. I never worked that hard while studying a new role.

I opened a bag of Doritos with cheese and started eating while I watched the sports on tv. It wasn't a very entertaining day for sports but I had nothing else to do since it was my weekly free day. I was resting my eyes closed when I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. I grabbed it out of it and unlocked I to see a text from an unknown number. I frowned before clicking on the text to read it.

Unknown ~ Good morning, I'm Dr. Brenda Sparks and I'm Demi Lovato's new therapist. As I'm working with her on a new therapy, it would be awesome if you could come to my office some day to help her get a part of that therapy done. We still don't know when you're gonna have to come, but we need to know if you're willing to do this. Text me back once you make your choice. Goodbye.

I had my jaw dropped when I finished reading the text. I wasn't expecting to get a text like that one, ever. And it was mostly because, ever since 2018, Demi and I never talked again. It was like she practically forgot about me, or tried to forget about me, or just hated me too much to talk to me again. I was still speechless when my phone started ringing in my hand. It was Joe. He probably got that text too.

I walked to my backyard silently and sat on the grass before taking the call. "Hello." I said and heard a chuckle from my brother.

"I can hear you got that text too, didn't you?" I sighed.

"Yes, I got it too. How do we feel about it?"

"How could we possibly feel about it? It's not something we were expecting to happen." I nodded even tho he couldn't see me. "I've been staring at my phone since I read those words. I don't know...it makes me feel anxious."

"Yea, me too. Y'know what? I don't know if we'll go but...how would Phil take it if we choose to go?"

"Well, I'm not sure about this but I think he probably got a text too." I chowed down on my lip. "So, he probably won't want us to go but he can't keep telling us what to do anyomre. It's time to change that. I'm done of it."

"I know, me too...anyways, that's not what matters now. We need to choose if we wanna go see Demi's therapist or not." He chuckled and I frowned.

"You know, she's gonna be there, don't you? That's pretty obvious. It's her therapy."

"You think so? Maybe it's just our words that they need, to get deeper details on her past."

"No, I really think she's gonna be there. But whatever, that's not what matters." We stayed in silence for some seconds until he sighed. "I wanna do it."

"Really? Are you sure?" I asked feeling overwhelmed with everything that was going on.

"If this is helpful for her, why wouldn't we do it? She most likely thinks we don't care about her anymore, but I do. And I want to show that by saying yes." I nodded slightly.

"Do you think Wilmer got a text too?" I asked him.

"Probably, but I don't know. I haven't talked with him over the last two months, I guess. I've been focusing on Sophie." I smiled slightly.

"How's her and the baby?"

"Awesome bro, we're excited to meet that little muffin soon."

"I am too. It's gonna be so dope."

"Yes. Now, I must go check on the queen of England, she wants a tea so I'll make one for her. Tell me later what you decided to do with this whole Demi situation."

"Okay. You'll say yes?"

"Mhm. I wanna help her. If this is for her well-being, I wanna do it. I owe her something big for...everything." He said with a sigh and I nodded knowing he was right. "Umm, bye bro."

"Bye." Just after he hang up on me, I glanced to the sky trying to get answers from it. I wasn't sure of anything anymore. Joe was right and I knew he was but I wasn't sure I couls go through something where I would face her...after all these tears, that's just difficult.

About 15 minutes later, I heard the door opening and a voice calling from behind. "Nick, baby, what are you doing out there alone?"

"Umm, I just wanted some air, that's all." I said glancing at her and she nodded.

"I finished with my work for the day. Wanna watch a movie with me?" I smiled at her and nodded.

"Sure, I'll go in a minute. Wait for me." I said standing up.

"Okay but hurry up." I knew she was still on the door waiting for me, so I just sent a quick text before heading back to the house.

Nick ~ Good morning. I wanna help in whatever I can. So yes, I'm willing to go. Just let me know when's my time to do it.