Time

NICK'S P.O.V.: I smiled remembering Demi's soft lips on my cheek while walking to the front door of my house. I would be lying if I said I wasn't missing her like crazy everyday before we got in touch again. And now it was like giving my life a meaning again.

As I stepped into the house, all the happiness I was feeling, dried from my body in a millisecond. The angriest face of my wife, whom was supposed to be traveling, was like I've never seen it before. And I have to admit, I was kind of intimidated by her.

"Nick, it's nice to see you still remember you have a house" She said in anger and I rolled my eyes.

"I thought you were traveling...That's the real surprise here." I walked to her and she pushed me backwards.

"Where were you?" I frowned.

"At Joe's...I went to have dinner and the winter storm trapped me." She chuckled and shook her head.

"I called Joe yesterday after I called you 26 times. He didn't know where you were at. I'm not stupid like you think I am. You weren't with him...and you smell just like her." My eyes opened widely and I titled my head.

"Like who exactly?"

"Like Demi. You smell like her."

"What are you even talking about? How could you possibly know how she smells like?" She rolled her eyes and I noticed she was about to cry. That's why I chose to be honest. "Okay, you're right. I was with her. I went to have dinner at hers and when I was leaving I got trapped in her house for the snow storm. But nothing, and I mean it, nothing happened between us. I swe..."

"Don't." She said to me and I glanced to my feet. "Maybe I'm not as young and beautiful as her but I deserve someone to love me too. I thought I had that with you but I confirmed today that I actually don't have it anymore...I don't even know if I ever had it."

"Pri...don't start with this. We were good. We don't have to do this now." She shook her head.

"No, Nick we aren't good since months ago. Everything is going to hell. And I'm sorry but I can't do it anymore."

"What are you talking about?" I asked her with a frown.

"I need time." I blinked a few times at her and she started sobbing. "You know what hurts me the most? That you just don't care about me saying this. It's a good thing for you that I'm doing this."

"No, hey, it's not a good thing...but I gotta be honest with you. I just...don't know if I still love you like I used to. You're still someone pretty important to me and I enjoy the time we spend together but I...I think we'd be better off as friends." I wanted her to stop crying but that wasn't exactly what happened.

"That's it. I got you." She said and dried her tears quickly before slapping my face.

"What?" I asked confused.

"You really thought I would humiliate myself for you? You are no one in my life Nick. I won't stay in your life while you wanna have another woman in it. And the reason is simple and easy for you to understand...I deserve better than you. I would say Demi does too, but you're the same shit. The worst shit in this world."

"I-"

"Shut up, grab your things and leave the house. It's mine, you can't kick me out of here cause I'm the woman and that'd be awful for everyone. So leave, I'll see you in the court to finally have all the papers of the house. It was nice to have you as...what? No, of course it wasn't nice. You've never loved me! Oh and guess what? I always faked my orgasms with you. You can't please a woman, you know no shit about it. I'm glad this shitty marriage is done."