Joe Jonas

JOE'S P.O.V.

I grabbed my phone as I was walking to my car and dialed Nick's number. He took the call some seconds later. "Hello bro."

"Hello Nick, how are you for today? Ready or-" He interrupted me.

"Wait, ready for what?" I frowned.

"Today's Demi's therapy day...aren't you going?" I asked him.

"Well, no one's said anything to me. I'll probably have to go later on. You're going today?" I sighed.

"Damn, I thought we'd be together with her but seems like it's even more private than what I thought it would be." He chuckled and I entered to the car. "And yes, I'm actually about to drive there."

"How did Sophie take it? Is she okay with you going?" I frowned again.

"Umm yea, why wouldn't she be okay with it? Demi was one of my closest friends for a long time so..." I shrugged. "But I bet, your wife didn't take that so well, did she?"

"I haven't told her yet." I chuckled.

"I see, you think she won't like the idea of you going to meet with Demi." There was a dead silence on the other line and I sighed. I was right. "Anyways Nick, I better go now...I'm gonna be late."

"Okay. Go ahead and tell me how it goes. Good luck." I nodded.

"Sure, thanks. Bye." I hang up on him and breathed heavily before starting driving my way to the building where I had to go for Demi's appointment.

To be honest, as I always am, I was pretty nervous and kind of excited to see her again. I didn't have a clue if that'd be a good idea or not but in a way, I missed her.

DEMI'S P.O.V.

I ran out of the elevator as I looked to the time in my phone. I was 10 minutes late. I overslept and now Joe was probably arriving. Damn, I really was nervous to see him but I couldn't even think of it cause well, I was in a rush to the office.

When I opened the office door, the first thing I saw wasn't Brenda, I knew she was by his side but I could just stare at him as the nerves grew inside of me.

"Good afternoon, I'm sorry for being late...I overslept." I said and walked to where they were waiting for me.

"Don't worry, I was telling Joe how this therapy works, you can start whenever you want to." I nodded and sat in front of Joe.

"Are you ready to do this?" I asked him nervously and he nodded slightly with a half smile on his face. "Okay, let's start now."

As we looked to each other deeply, I could notice I hadn't seen him a years. His face looked different. I bet mine did too. I was so used to see him, at least, monthly and now...it was like seeing a friend after a long ass trip. I felt my eyes tuning teary as his did too.

"I don't know if this works like this but I...I'm really sorry for everything I've done to you. When we dated, I was a jerk for kicking you out of my life like that, cause we were best friends. I should've never done something as cruel as that to you...I'm really sorry." He said as tears rolled down his cheeks and I nodded.

"I guess I expected you to stay by side the last time I went downhill...I knew, in a way, that wasn't your decision, and that's why I understand you. I'm actually glad you always tried to reach out for me even after I...overdosed." I said in a whisper. "You never stopped caring about me since we met. And like, yea we both fucked it up a lot of times with each other but I don't know...I feel like I never appreciated your friendship as I should've. You were a better friend to me than a lot of other people but I never really had that in mind. And also...I'm sorry for not answering your texts and calls after everything happened. I was mad at you for leaving." He sighed and dried his tears before nodding.

"You know Demi? Sometimes we mess around when we say 'this person is fam to me' but I always meant it with you. You've always been like family to me, you still are. I guess I would've loved you to go to my wedding cause I invited you but-" I cut him off.

"Thank you for inviting me. I never expected less from you, you are always so polite and caring. I'm sorry for not going to tour wedding, you and Sophie looked absolutely adorable and I wish you both the best of the world but also...there was people that I didn't want to see in that moment. It wasn't for you at all. It was Phil, his team, it was Wilmer and his fiancee, it even was Nick. I would've loved to go but I really wasn't ready to do such a thing." He nodded and sat closer to me to grab my hand softly.

"I don't know if this has any chance but I truly would love you to give me...to give our friendship, a second chance, or third, whatever." He said with a chuckle and I dried my tears with my free hand. "You may hate me now, or maybe you don't, I hope you don't. But I wanna give this another try, I know we've fucked it up before but we can be better now." I dried my tears again and nodded before pulling him a tight hug.

Yes, I really missed his hugs. I was kinda glad I had him back. Like I said, I never appreciated Joe in the way he deserved to be appreciated. He was one of my best friends all the time but I never had him in mind as one of my "closest friends" until everything happened and he was one of the few, that kept trying to reach out for me.

"I missed you." He whispered in my ear and I smiled.

"I missed you too." We pulled apart from the hug and my therapist started clapping at us.

"That was beautiful guys. You really opened up to each other. I hope you can live a healthy friendship now." We nodded with a smile and she shrugged. "You're free to go."

After greeting her, Joe and I walked to the elevator together and he kissed my cheek causing me to look at him.

"I'm using the stairs." We laughed and he chuckled. "Sophie wants our baby to have a healthy dad so...I can't say 'no' to her." My jaw dropped at him.

"You're gonna be a dad?" I asked surprised and he nodded with genuine happiness on his face. I hugged him tightly again and smiled at him after pulling apart. "Congrats and congrats to Sophie. You're gonna be the best parents ever, I already know."

"I hope so, thanks." We glanced at each other and chuckled. "I'll see you around?" He asked and I titled my head.

"I'll may talk to you soon." He smiled big at me and I did too before we both took our separate ways.