Why

NICK P.O.V.: I grabbed my phone and saw that Demi obviously discovered my lie. I closed my eyes and sighed before glancing at her, trying to find the right words to explain what I did.

"I am Mike." I said and she groaned in anger as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"I fucking know that! I know you are him and I wanna know why you did that to me!"

"Demi, you wouldn't understand it."

"Shut your fucking mouth, I don't care if I understand it or not, I wanna know why!" She yelled at me and I bit my lip.

"I...guess I didn't want you to date someone."

"What? Is that a problem for you? How can you be so cruel?"

"I thought you needed more time single before dating someone cause you are always on relationships."

"And so you thought lying to me was better than telling me what you thought of it? You had tha chance to tell me that, I asked you what you thought of my plan and you simply said maybe it was a good idea for me."

"I told you, you won't get it. It wasn't as easy as saying it. You were excited and happy about it and I couldn't break your confidence in yourself."

"Instead, you broke my confidence in you." I gulped hard and she shook her head while drying her tears. "I can't believe you even thought doing this to me was a good idea."

"I'm s-"

"No! Stop there. You're not sorry, you can't be sorry for doing something you knew it would kill me. Nick I told you I liked Mike! Didn't that make you feel bad? Knowing I felt nice with someone that wasn't even real...I can't believe you did this to me. Out of anyone in this world, I gave you space in my house when your ex kicked your ass and you decided it was a good idea to play with me like this? I just- I can't believe you were chilling while lying to me. I don't even know you anymore."

"Dem, I promise I didn't do it with bad intentions."

"Your intention was to lie to me, that could never ever be a good intention."

"Just please don't hate me, it was the only way I found to stop you from dating someone new."

"It was my choice, you didn't have the right to do such a thing. I try to understand you but I can't. I wouldn't do the same thing to you, nor would think of doing it."

"Can you forgive me? Please...I promise to never do such a horrible thing again." She chuckled angrily and shook her head.

"I can't forgive you. You literally played me Nick. I thought we were best friends again but you just showed we aren't. You can't be my best friend and cut my wings like that. We're not gonna be okay." I sighed and walked to her but she put her hand up.

"Please Demi, you are my best friend, I don't want a stupid mistake to break our friendship again...not after almost losing it for good the last time."

"Maybe this time will be for good." I opened my eyes widely and grabbed her wrist.

"Don't do that. I'll do whatever you want me to but please don't let this break us."

"You should've thought of this before creating a fake account to have me all for you when we are just friends. I can't talk right now, gotta take a breath." She left the room abrouptly and I grabbed my phone to call Joe.

He took the call faster than I thought he would.

"Hello."

"I fucked up. Demi found out about the lie, she hates me now and I just...I'm lost, I don't know what to do to stop her from breaking us apart."

"Well, Maybe there's nothing you can do. I don't know bro, I wish I could help you but-"

"I told you it was a horrible idea." I heard Sophie said and knew she took my brother's phone away.

"You're free to tell me 'I told you so.'" I said with a sigh and she groaned.

"I can't get why on earth you ever thought it was a good plan. You know you deserve this happening to you, don't you?"

"I do. It's okay, I'll have to face the reality and move on from her and from our friendship."

"You're so weak Nick. There's always a way to fix things. Maybe Joe can't help you cause he has your blood too but you're lucky I'm a part of the family now."

"Okay then, what's your good idea?"

"Tell her why you did it."

I rolled my eyes. "I already did and she doesn't care nor believe me."

"No. I meant the real reason why you did it."

"What do you mean with that?"

"Oh Nick, man up already and tell her you were jealous of her going out with other boys cause you like her."

"I don't-"

"Don't you dare saying you don't like her now."

"I...I don't know if I really like her."

"Yes, you do. So now go wherever she is and tell her the truth."

"What if that break us more?"

"More than now? You think that's possible?" I sighed and shook my head.

"No, you're right...okay, I'll try to do it later."

"Don't try, do it."

"Yeah okay, I'll do it later..."

"Okay, an honor to help you, now back with your brother." She passed him the phone and I heard Joe chuckle.

"She's the best, isn't she?"

"Yeah." I whispered.

"Nick, chill. Breathe, everything will be fine if you do what you have to do...remember she's just Demi, you can say whatever to her, and I think it's worth the chance."

"Of course it is." I said knowing Sophie was right.

"Wait, I have another call."

"Oh, go ahead I was already do-"

"It's Demi." He said with a chuckle and I gulped.

"Please don't bury me when talking to her, I promise I'll do whatever you want me to if you help me fix this with her."

"I'll do what I can, sorry if I mess up anyways. Bye bro." He hang up on me and I groaned before kicking the shoe that was beside me.