Walk Away

DEMI'S P.O.V.:

I sat across Nick and Priyanka on the table and she filled my plate of food.

"Uh, thanks." I said to her and we all started eating.

"So Demi, how have you been this last years?" I smiled slightly and titled my head.

"Well, I've been working a lot lately. I love to work tho." She nodded.

"And I bet after your overdosed, you've changed a lot of things of your life. Haven't you?" Nick looked at her immediately.

"Priyanka." He whispered in a warning tone and I cleared my throat.

"It's okay Nick. Yes, after a near-death experience you change a lot of things of your life. The most important change was starting to see a lot of things in different ways." She nodded and I decided to pass her the ball. "So, how have you been dealing with marriage? I know a lot of people criticize the age gap between the both of you."

"Oh lord..." I heard Nick whisper and I chuckled under my breath.

"Well, we don't care about people's opinion. I love Nick and he loves me. Love knows not numbers in cases like ours. We're both adults and we both love each other enough to not listen to the critics." I nodded.

"I mean, you must've gotten used to it by now anyways. People is always saying that you look like Nick's aunt." I didn't really plan on saying it, it slipped out of my mouth. After I noticed Nick expression, I pressed my lips together. "I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to say that. My sincere apologies guys."

"It's okay." Nick said with a nod.

"It's okay Demi, some people is just jealous of what we have and they shit talk because of that."

"Yea, of course." I said trying to change the subject cause I knew Nick was feeling uncomfortable. "The food is really good." I told Priyanka and she smiled at me.

"Thanks."

"And also, you look beautiful tonight." I continued and she chuckled.

"You do too. Tho, I thought you'd wear better for this dinner. It's almost like it's not that important to you." I raised my eyebrows.

"Sorry but I don't have to wear the most fancy clothes to show how important an event is to me. It obviously is important in a way because I wouldn't be here if it wasn't. I had another plans and cancelled them to come here, so don't think this doesn't matter to me." I said with anger and Nick nodded at my words.

"That's true Pri. We're used to dress casually when we hang out with each other. Demi and I just used to hang out in sweatpants." I smiled with a nod and she shrugged.

"I know. I just thought you would've liked to show Nick you cared." My jaw dropped.

"He knows I care." I said to her and Nick stood up from his seat.

"Where are you going babe?" She asked him.

"I'm gonna bring some water for Demi. She doesn't drink wine and I told you about it." Priyanka stood up and gasped.

"I forgot your water Demi, sorry. I'll bring it now."

"Don't worry, it's okay." I told her and she left the kitchen. Nick glanced at me and I shrugged. "I'm not doing anything to her."

"You could try and not be that rude when you answer to her." I raised my eyebrows.

"I'm sorry? Nick, she's the one constantly attacking me for no reasonable reason. Tell her to stop too." I told him and he nodded.

"I will, just calm down please."

"Whatever." I whispered before Priyanka entered the room again with a jar of water. "Thank you Pri."

"You're welcome." She said and sat again to continue with our dinner. "You know Demi? I had no idea you were a lesbian."

"Excuse me, what?" I asked her not being able to believe what she was telling me this time. It was getting out of control.

"You're a lesbian, right? That's why you speak that much about the lgbt+ community...and sing about it as well." I chowed down on my lip.

"I'm not a lesbian. I'm bisexual. I like both women and men. I speak out for the lgbt+ community for me and for the rest of the world that needs someone to be vocally open about it."

"Oh, sorry, I misunderstood everything."

"Yea, you did." I said and Nick cleared his throat. "And in fact, your husband used to be just as vocal as I am about those topics...at least while we were friends."

"Well, that's understandable. He wanted to show you some support." He shook his head.

"No, I...of course I wanted to show Demi my support but I actually feel part of the community. And mostly when I played bisexual or gay roles when acting." Priyanka frowned.

"Does that mean you're bisexual too?" He sighed.

"I've never said it like this but I feel like maybe I am. No one knows about this cause I'm okay with dating girls, but I think it's possible." I small smiled at him and felt some proud on my stomach. He always felt that way and I was the only person that knew about it. Not even Joe did.

"Well that's...new." She said and I sighed grabbing Nick's hand across the table.

"I'm proud of you." I whispered to him and she moved his hand away from mine to kiss it.

"I'm proud of you and I'm sorry if I ever made you feel bad. You know I love you." She told him and I chuckled angrily before rolling my eyes.

"Thank you. Now, I'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick." We nodded and he sent me a slight smile before leaving the dinning room.

The room became silent immediately and Priyanka cleared her throat.

"So, wanna tell me what your real intentions are with my husband?" She asked me leaning over the table and I shrugged.

"He's a friend of mine. At least that's what I think. We're just starting to become friends again and all I want is to rebuild our friendship. Why do you feel so pressed whenever I'm around? It was like this when he first started dating you too...you told him to not get close to me again. Why's that fear?" She rolled her eyes.

"Listen closely Demi. I worked really hard to get Nick. I won't let any ugly slut like you take him away from me. He doesn't even want you around, get over it." I raised my eyebrows.

"I know pretty well that he does want me around. But it's okay, I don't wanna be near you...you're even worse than I thought you'd be. Good luck on your marriage, but don't expect Nick and I to stop hanging out. Like you say, get over it." I grabbed my purse from beside me and turned to look at her. "Oh, and I don't know how you'll tell Nick that you made me walk away. He's not gonna like your attitude."

"You know nothing about him."

"Oh honey, I know him better than anyone. Bye." I told her before walking to the living room. After I put my coat on, I walked out of their house and drove to mine.