xxiv ; the art

A/N: the fiTs! sort of ! jax is left adrian is right
edit: apparently the photo is refusing to work :,)

*****

"Where's my coat..?" I mumbled to myself while running my fingers through my hair.

"Which one bub?" Adrian placed a chaste kiss on my neck before standing beside me in the closet.

"Oh! I'm just blind!" I grabbed it off the hanger and draped it over my arms. "Okay! I'm ready."

"You look very nice, my love," Adrian held my chin gently in his hand before he leaned down to kiss me.

The nickname made me blush. "That's new..."

He only smiled and offered me his hand. Once I took his hand he led me out, past Adley, where we all said our goodbyes, and then we left.

"You look very cute," Adrian said, looking ahead as we neared the elevator.

"And you look very nice.. I like how you styled your hair," I pulled myself closer to him in the elevator as someone else entered. Adrian moved me to his other side so he was between me and the man, as the man looked at me.

"Your friend is very cute. You're lucky," the man looked a little familiar. But maybe it was just his energy..?

"Have we met?" I asked, leaning past Adrian to make eye contact with the man.

"You could say we.. have a common friend," he nodded and leaned back against the elevator wall.

Honestly he really didn't give me bad vibes... Even though that line was sketchy as hell.

"Who?" I asked, trying to be polite as possible. "It's not X is it?" The expression he gave made it clear he had no idea who that was. "Op, maybe not.." I looked up at Adrian, his face a little grim. My eyebrows furrowed subconsciously. "Well..." I slowly looked away from the brooding boy, "I'm not sure who it is then."

"I'm just making sure she isn't screwing anything up. Lys likes to change our plans," the man crossed his arms. "Anyway. This you?" He gestured at the lobby and I nodded slowly.

"Lys?" I asked quietly as we exited the elevator. "Could he mean Achlys?! Was that some sort of god?!" I whispered, looking up at Adrian. "Okay. What's wrong with you."

"Nothing," he laced his fingers through mine and grabbed the front door for me with his free hand. "You're just very chatty."

"Possessive Adrian," I commented. "He wasn't sketchy though. Did he give you bad vibes?" I looked around as we headed out onto the pavement and into the crowd.

"He didn't," Adrian sighed, "so I'm not worried. Just don't know why he had to call you cute."

I smirked, and pretended to flip my hair, "I'm irresistible."

Adrian's hard expression cracked at this and he snorted, "you are cute. You deserve all the compliments."

This made my blood rush and my heart pound. "Compliment me more you may just get laid..."

"Really?"He raised an eyebrow at me. "I thought neither of us were getting horny.."

"I'm just sayin'! I'm starting to like the compliments.." I pulled myself closer to him.

"Maybe I will have to pay you some compliments later, then," he leaned down and bit my ear, making me gasp quietly.

"Not!" I pushed his face away. "Not in public!" He only snickered cutely and it made me smile. "Don't tease me."