vii ; experiment

I only changed out of my pjs to put on another pair of short shorts and put on a different black, giant hoodie. I bit my lip, then, considering whether or not to wear cologne.

It was always hard to find a nice cologne that didn't reek of testosterone but I eventually did find one I liked. Otherwise I would never wear cologne.

Even though it was a softer smell... would that be too much?

I rolled my eyes and spritzed some under my hoodie. I then shook it to air it out. At this point it was faint yet still present.

What the hell was I doing...

Wearing cologne?! For Adrian?!

I grumbled and flopped back on the bed.

I wonder if he's doing the same...

No. No no no.

I couldn't be having these incessant and prodding thoughts. That was bad. Our relationship was nonexistent. Nothing.

But what the hell, right?

I rolled onto my stomach, which constricted as my mind wandered. Chewing on a fingertip, I thought about his touch.

My eyes fluttered shut.

God.. Adrian felt so good... I want to touch him. I want him to touch me... Just let him do—

I shook my head vehemently. No. Jax, no.

How could I consciously be horny about a straight man.. How terrible was that.

I hummed softly and smiled as hot images flashed across my mind.

"Jax! Come help me pick the movie!"

I swore I jumped a foot.

Pulling myself together, I made sure I looked presentable before stepping out. He didn't look back at me. But, I had to cross close in front of him to where I usually sat on the couch.

He smelled a bit stronger than usual.

I caught myself inhaling too much when my head started to spin.

"What genre do you want to watch?" He looked at me cooly. I almost shivered in my seat. The way his eyelashes framed his eyes and the expression he gave me and his features — just his face — was driving me mad.

I was too hormonal for this.

"I want to watch The Notebook." I said it flatly, and looked at him blankly. He quirked an eyebrow. "Don't judge me. Plus, I haven't seen it in a while."

"The Notebook, huh.." Adrian looked to the tv while I gazed at him. "Didn't think you'd like such a romantic movie." He glanced back at me and I continued to watch.

"You don't know a lot about me," I responded while pulling my knees up to my chest. "We barely just met."

"That's fair I don't know a lot. But, it has been a while since we met. Sort of," he was scanning through movies before he found it. "Why don't you teach me? That way I can get to know you better."

He was flirting. There was no way he wasn't. That expression...

"Hmm, not so sure you're ready for that yet," I shifted to sit on my feet and leaned close to him.

"Clearly you don't know a lot about me," his response made me smirk and settle back into the couch. "Looking forward to your dinner date?"

I pursed my lips and hugged my knees again. "Looking forward to? Hm.. Sure," I smirked at the tv when he looked at me. "Anyway.. shall we?"