ix ; rents

"I can't.." I pushed him away, tears streaming down my face. "Please leave me alone..."

Adrian looked at me with concern.

"Please!" My voice broke.

We hadn't even been awake for twenty minutes and I was breaking down.

"Jax you know I don't want to leave you alone.." But he looked at me once more before standing and leaving. The door clicked shut softly.

"Jackson, look at me!" The slap stung my face. "Look at me! You hold hands with him one more time and people will think you're a faggot." The word seemed to be spit out. And then stepped on. "A faggot. My son is not gay. That's disgusting. You're disgusting!"

She scratched at the needle marks on her forearm. "Get out of my sight. You disgust me."

I clawed at my pillow as I buried my face in my pillow.

Die. Die die die. You should die.

You don't deserve anything.

Just as I was about to stand to find something sharp I heard the front door and a boisterous voice.

"Adriaaaan!"

It sounded like an older woman.

"Honey, you don't need the whole world to hear. I'm sure he would've heard the door.."

An older man's voice...

What...?

I froze, half on my bed and half off, shaking slightly.

"Mom... Dad..." Adrian's voice sounded almost disappointed.

His PARENTS?!

Panic rushed through me instantaneously.

My feelings clashed and fought but panic won in the end, depression seeping to the bottom. Slowly, and not completely dissipating.

There was extremely muffled talking from Adrian and his dad but his moms voice was too loud for the soundproof walls.

"Don't you have a roommate? Jackson? Is he here? He's being awfully rude!" His mom shrieked from the living room. "Isn't he being rude?!"

I dragged myself into some sweatpants and a hoodie before sitting criss-cross-applesauce on my bed.

"Bother him?! He should greet me, at least! How rude! I don't think you should be living with him if he's this rude."

The pieces of the conversation I got were just great.

I decided to text Adrian.

Adrian

Your parents are here??

im sorry i didnt know

its fine...
stuff happens wtv

can i come see you

yeah

My door slowly opened, his mom's voice only getting louder and more piercing, as Adrian slipped in quickly.

"God I'm so sorry.." he came up to my bed and stood before me. "Are you okay?"

"I'm... fine for now. I think that croon shook me out of my depression temporarily..." I bit my lip, then shook my head. "Sorry.. that was mean."