ch special 17

[adrian werewolf au]

Finally it was time to head home. Finally time to relax after sitting hunched tattooing for hours.

I wanted to go home and eat some grilled cheese, and watch a movie, and take a bath..

I was happily looking forward to my alone time as I headed down the pavement, cold wind whipping my face. I buried my hands in my pockets to better ward off the cold but it only did so much good.

I thought about the people passing with their little narratives and jobs and lives and I mulled this over and over as I crossed the street. Everyone thinks they're the main character... Everyone has their own brain and toughts..

Ew, thats weird.

My brain shut that down quickly as I headed into my apartments lobby.

Fatigue started setting in rapidly as I entered the elevator and leaned back against the wall. My head spun softly and body ached in a dull, throbbing way.

So excited for my day off, I bent and straightened my fingers over and over while breathing on them until I reached my floor.

At the doors open, something immediately seemed off. Not just because of the obvious scratches in the wall that were shocking and chilling.. The air felt weird.

As I walked I noticed my apartment door open and froze where I was. "The fuck..." Fear flooded my body and brain, numbing me and slowing my breathing as I listened for any noises.

A clang came from the room, followed by heavy footsteps and a dull scraping noise.

Too heavy to be human... Sounds too weird to be human.. And those, what, claw marks?! Was the thing in my apartment?!

"What the fuck," I muttered as I neared the door. A loud thump came from inside and some shuffling noises. I peeked inside to see a...

The fuck..?

I squinted into the dark, trying to make out the large, shadowy figure.

I slowly shut the door behind me and kept the lights off. The creature looked back at me sharply, eyes flashing gold.

Was not expecting this...

I approached him, now standing in the living in front of the couch. He growled in his chest and came up to me with a fast, frightening step. My breath caught in my throat, afraid I was going to get mauled.

Instead he stood panting, eyes staring and mottled with gold. His breaths came in ragged, growly huffs.

"A-Adrian..?" I whispered, trying to ignore the fangs glinting behind his lips. A squeak escaped my throat as Adrain abruptly leaned down to face-level with me. He looked almost textbook. Hairy jaw, sharp canines, oddly tall. Oddly... big.. Had he always been this muscular..? "Mm- are you okay?" I leaned back, grimacing as his hot breath hit my face.

"No," his voice rumbled in his chest, deep and animalistic. His eyes grew more gold than brown before the brown took over. I was soon looking into dark orbs that held emotions I couldn't decipher. "You... I had to come find you," he pushed his face into my neck after he shifted to become slightly more human. That lasted two seconds before he was back to the inhuman height and doggish features. "You were gone." Sharp teeth grazed the sensitive skin of my neck and my whole body jumped. "Took so long..." In the dark Adrian took my hand and reached it downward, only to wrap it around something thick and velvety. I gasped in shock as my hand wrapped around it. Heat flushed through me as I realised I couldn't quite wrap my whole hand around it. So that was oddly big too...