A new what now?

"Ready? Begin!"

Axel shot off towards the door of the building.

'Great. In a real situation he's gonna either get killed or get the hostage killed if he continues to be so reckless.'

I laughed a bit and shook my head.

'Reminds me of someone else I know...'

"Hey moron! You can't just go charging in, guns a blazing!" I called after him but he chose to ignore me. "Son of a-"

Before I finished my mumbling I felt the ground tremble beneath me. 'An earthquake?'

I realized that the buildings started shaking.

'Oh no...'

I ran in towards the building to find Axel still trying to apprehend the villain despite the earthquake. "Axel! We need to get out of here and quick! That means you too, Mr. Objecto and fake hostage. This building is unstable and can collapse at any moment!" I shouted from the entryway.

Axel finally looked up and realized the situation we were in. The "hostage" actually looked scared this time around.

I heard a crumbling and a cracking noise come from above me. I looked up to see the canopy of the building about to collapse onto me.

"Shit!"

I dove into the building without thinking. As I tucked and rolled towards everybody else the canopy collapsed, leaving us trapped.

'Wait, there's a back exit.'

"Guys don't worry! There's still a back exit we can go through!" I shouted to everybody else.

"Let's go this way!" I said, standing up. I had paid attention during Emma's and Isabella's simulation so I knew the way out.

I quickly led them all down the semi-narrow hallways towards the back entrance.

There was another crumbling above us and I heard and saw cracks in the roof. A section of the ceiling was about to collapse onto the girl.

Without thinking, I jumped and pushed the girl out of the way, taking the impact instead. My foot was stuck under the ceiling rock. Everyone else was in front of me now, they still had an opportunity to escape.

I heard the familiar crumbling and cracking of rock come from above us once again. My eyes widened in fear. They were trying to get the rock off of my leg but it was no use.

"GO!! LEAVE THIS BUILDING NOW BEFORE YOU GET CRUSHED UNDER ROCK TOO!!" I yelled over the loud cracking noises.

"WE'RE NOT JUST GONNA LEAVE YOU BEHIND!" Axel shouted back. I saw the roof falling down in dust-like pieces. I knew it was gonna collapse soon.

"JUST LEAVE ME HERE! GO, I'LL FIND A WAY OUT OF THIS, I PROMISE I'LL BE RIGHT BEHIND YOU. IT WON'T DO ANY GOOD IF WE'RE ALL TRAPPED UNDER RUBBLE!" I shouted once more. Axel looked like he was contemplating my words.

The ceiling grumbled once more and I looked at Axel with pleading eyes. He looked down and shut his eyes. "Fine. You'll be right behind us." He looked back up and I thanked him with my eyes before trying to get my foot out from under the rubble myself.

"GUYS COME ON! THE ROOF IS ABOUT TO COLLAPSE, DON'T WORRY ABOUT HIM! HE CAN HANDLE IT BUT WE HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE!" He shouted to the others.

The hostage was now crying for real, scared for her life and the former villain obviously had fear etched into his features. Driven by their survival needs, they left me behind without another thought, being led by Axel.