20 || Alone

Uncontrollable shivers wracked Taylor's body as she sat on the ground, her legs pulled tightly against her chest in an attempt to conserve body heat. The cold had long since numbed the pain of her wounds. They were the least of her worries at the moment.

Soundwave sat just behind her, his paws tucked neatly under his tail. She could hear his steady breaths and could feel the warmth of them on her back. He had said nothing at all in the time he had spent there. Taylor wondered if he was even capable of speaking. Maybe he just chose not to, which was a bit unsettling. What went on in his mind was a mystery—one she'd rather not solve.

"Soundwave! Lord Megatron wants to see the human." A voice from outside of the den hissed. It sounded oddly familiar.

Taylor stiffened when she heard movement behind her. She stifled a yelp as Soundwave plucked her from the ground by her sweatshirt with his teeth. He was being surprisingly gentle with her.

Upon leaving the den, Taylor could see that Starscream was standing there, an annoyed scowl on his face. The seeker reached for her with one claw, expecting Soundwave to hand her over to him.

However, Soundwave refused. A low growl came from deep within his throat, sending little vibrations through Taylor's body. Was he protecting her? Maybe he was only doing this because he didn't want Starscream to take Megatron's praise.

Starscream looked offended, his teeth bared in a silent snarl. "Soundwave, I am being very patient with you." He seethed venomously. "Give the girl to me and you may retire to your den."

Soundwave did not hesitate. Ignoring what Starscream had said, he simply pushed past the seeker and continued towards Megatron's den. Taylor was beginning to have mixed feelings about his intentions.

"How dare you disobey me! I am second in command and you will listen to what I say!" Starscream snarled, his anger only building as the silent dragon continued to defiantly walk away. "Get back here!"

Taylor found it both amusing and interesting that there was such conflict between the Decepticon ranks. Based on actions alone, she would've thought that Soundwave was the second in command. He seemed more level-headed than Starscream, which made her wonder why Megatron had the seeker as his SIC in the first place.

She pushed those thoughts aside as they grew closer to Megatron's den, her paralyzing fear of the warlord now reigniting in her heart. This time, she wouldn't be facing him with Ratchet.

She would be facing him alone.

*
*
*

A malicious grin spread across Megatron's face when Soundwave padded into the den, Taylor dangling from his jaws. He rose to his paws, stretching his enormous wings and then folding them down on his back.

"Ah, Soundwave! I see you have returned with my prize. I am very pleased with your efforts." He praised the silent dragon. With the flick of his paw, Soundwave respectfully dipped his head and left the den.

Now it was just Taylor and himself.

Megatron chuckled darkly, his crimson red eyes seeming to glow in the darkness of the den. He could practically smell the fear radiating of off Taylor. It excited him. Oh, how he wished to feel his claws ripping through her flesh. There were things to be done, though. That would come in due time.

The silver-scaled titan slowly approached the girl, who was absolutely quivering with fear. He paused just in front of her, the scent of blood stopping him in his tracks. The metallic aroma nearly made his mouth water. If he had not already eaten a good meal that evening, he would've had thoughts about possibly eating her. Megatron could see that her knee and shoulder were wounded. By Laserbeak, no doubt. No matter, he knew wounds like that weren't fatal to a human. Humans had proven to be more resilient in the past.

"We meet again, human." Megatron purred, his tail swaying behind him. "It was not my intention to meet under such circumstances, but... your new friend has made things difficult for me. I'm sure you can understand."

Taylor had been trying to contain her fear the entire time, but now Megatron's words were making her angry. It was like he was trying to justify his actions!

"Ratchet and the Autobots will save me! You'll see!" She shouted at him, though her words seemed to have little effect.

Megatron's booming laugh echoed through the den, rattling her to her core. She instinctively curled up when he came closer. The warlord was taking great pleasure in scaring her. It was so easy to do so.

"I have no doubt they will, fleshling. However, I will be very surprised if they manage to do so before I am finished with you. Now be quiet, for we have much to discuss..."

*
*
*

Ratchet practically collapsed in the entrance of the Autobot camp, having sprinted the entire way back. The commotion caught the attention of Bulkhead, who was keeping watch nearby.

"Woah, Doc! What happened?" The bulky green dragon exclaimed, rushing over to Ratchet's side to help him up.

Ratchet struggled to find his voice. He needed to catch his breath first. Once he had managed to get to his paws and calm down for a moment, he was able to speak.

"Taylor... Soundwave attacked and he took Taylor! I couldn't stop him.." The words fumbled out of his mouth like a waterfall. He hung his head shamefully and whined. "It's all my fault. I should've turned back!"

Seeing Ratchet so upset hurt Bulkhead's heart. He gently nuzzled the medic's shoulder, trying to provide some comfort. "It wasn't your fault, Ratch. You tried your best and that's all that matters! We'll get her back!"

"I could've tried harder!" Ratchet snapped, curling his lips back in a snarl. He pulled away from Bulkhead, his tail lashing angrily. "If I had tried harder, Taylor would be here right now, but she's not. Why did I ever think I could protect her? I can barely protect myself!"

"Ratchet—"

"Stop!" Ratchet growled. He saw the hurt in Bulkhead's gaze, and his pain-filled gaze softened just a bit. He shook his head. "Just... stop. I'll be in my den, not that anyone will need me." He muttered dejectedly, looking away.

With a heavy sigh, he sullenly limped off towards his den, leaving Bulkhead speechless.

---

AHHHH THE FEELS

Taylor is scared, Ratchet is feeling guilty... things aren't looking good

Megatron is planning something, but what?

How will they get themselves out of this one?

I don't know, I guess you'll have to wait for the next chapter XD