42 || Harbinger

A slender dragon approached from behind the rock that overlooked the Decepticon encampment, his eyes fixated on the enormous warlord that lounged at the highest point. On his shoulder perched an unnaturally large crow, to which he occasionally chittered in songspeak. Songspeak was the language of the birds and he used it frequently to communicate with his companion.

"Soundwave." The warlord rumbled. His tail flicked tirelessly against the stone. "Speak."

Soundwave eyed Laserbeak, then returned his gaze to Megatron. "Laserbeak... reports.. visual on... Knockout and... Breakdown." He rasped.

Megatron's head swiveled around, his crimson eyes narrowing. "Where?"

"Unknown.. regions." Soundwave continued. "Accompanied... by humans."

"Humans?" Megatron's lips curled back in a snarl. "Those treacherous idiots! What did they have to say for themselves?"

"Humans... looking for.. girl and... Autobot medic. Want to... work.. with Decepticons."

Megatron paused, a look of intrigue passing over his expression. While his main objective of destroying humankind remained very much in play, perhaps he could use this opportunity of a temporary alliance to his advantage.

"I shall pay these humans a visit, then, and see if they can be of any use to us." Megatron mused as he rose to his paws. "Remain here to oversee the troops. Should Dreadwing or Skyquake return with important findings, notify me immediately."

With that said, Megatron unfurled his mighty wings and took to the skies, leaving Soundwave and the rest of the camp behind. He never once considered working alongside a human, but this could possibly be the edge he needed to finally destroy both the Autobots and humankind once and for all.

Soundwave watched until Megatron became nothing more than a grey speck in the sky, his tail slowly swishing behind him.

No sooner than the warlord had left, a painfully familiar voice filled the air.

"Where's Megatron going this time?" Starscream loudly complained. "Gallivanting around the forest while I'm stuck babysitting Vehicons!"

Soundwave crept around the side of the rock to investigate, knowing better than to ascend it for a better look. Standing across the clearing was Starscream. Alone. Foolishly venting his frustrations for the world to hear.

Little did he know the aptly named "eyes and ears" of the Decepticons was listening very closely to each and every word that spilled from his maw.

The silver-scaled seeker paced around his patch of the clearing, scraping his talons against the stones among the grass. His tail lashed furiously behind him like a whip.

"That... obsession of his with humans is going to get us all killed!" Starscream snapped. "We should be focusing on the Autobots, not some pesky humans insects who are hardly worth our time! If I were leader, I'd march straight into the Autobot territory and tear everything down until I found their precious camp!"

Laserbeak let out a soft caw, ruffling his feathers in obvious irritation as he shuffled closer to Soundwave's head.

"•🎶He doubts Master's plan. He should be punished🎶•." He cawed.

Soundwave huffed softly, his warm breath pushing steam through the frigid air. "•🎶In time, he will be. For now we must follow the plan. Megatron knows what he's doing🎶•."