14 || Home

"Prime." Megatron replied with a snarl, baring his fangs. His claws scratched the surface of the log as they curled inward, producing a terrible noise that scared Taylor half to death. He sneered as Wheeljack and Ultra Magnus joined Optimus. "Come to rescue your precious medic and his puny companion, have we? I'm afraid you're too late."

An expression of shock and worry briefly crossed Optimus's face before he became stoic once more.

"We will not hesitate to use force if you do not return Ratchet and Taylor to us immediately." He spoke firmly, his piercing blue eyes narrowing into a deep frown.

Megatron simply laughed and flared his wings in a display of power. "I invite you to try!" He bellowed. But, before he could attack the Prime, he suddenly lost his balance as his paw crashed through the wood of the log.

Unknown to him, Taylor had kicked at a spot where the wood was weak, which caused it to cave underneath his weight. Now he was temporarily trapped.

Wheeljack couldn't help but laugh and lashed his tail, eager for a fight. "I'll get the kid! Mags, you go find the doc! Prime will take care of ugly here!" He called, stepping aside to let Optimus charge at Megatron.

"Wha— I am your commanding officer! I give the orders!" Magnus retorted, but couldn't say much more before the Wrecker darted off. Shaking his head, he turned on his heel and rushed into the undergrowth in search of Ratchet.

While Optimus was wrestling with Megatron, Wheeljack trotted over to the partially crushed log and poked his head in the opening. A relieved sigh escaped him when he saw Taylor curled up against the side of the log.

"Hey kid, let's get you outta here." He extended his paw for Taylor to climb onto and pulled her out. He then put her on his back so she was stable.

Taylor's nerves were still frayed and she shrunk down when the snarls from Optimus and Megatron became louder. "We have to go find Ratchet, he's hurt real bad.." She said, tightly gripping a spine on Wheeljack's back.

Wheeljack nodded. "Gotcha. Magnus is lookin' for him right now, but I can get you there." He replied, looking over his shoulder at her. "Where is he?"

"I'll show you. Just hurry, please..."

*
*
*

As soon as Ratchet appeared in her line of sight, Taylor jumped from Wheeljack's back and sprinted over to the medic. Ultra Magnus was there, but she didn't pay any attention to him. She was only worried about Ratchet at the moment.

"Ratchet!" She cried, tears welling in her eyes at the sight of blood.

She could see where Megatron had bitten and scratched him, the crimson liquid oozing up through the white scales. He wasn't moving, which only instilled more fear in her.

"We need to get him back to camp." Ultra Magnus said. He retained his composure, but some emotion was slipping through.

He was worried about Ratchet. If Ratchet didn't make it, then they would've lost their one and only medic! What then?

Taylor refused to move from Ratchet's side, ignoring what Magnus had said. She stared hopelessly at him, just wishing that his eyes would open and he would get up.

"Ratchet... come on.. You have to make it...." She choked through her tears, reaching her hand out to touch his cheek but drawing back at the last second.

"We have to leave now, kid. He has a better chance of surviving if we can get him back to camp." Wheeljack said, giving Taylor an encouraging nudge and gesturing to his back.

Taylor sniffed, wiping her eyes with her sleeve. She gave Ratchet one last longing look before climbing onto Wheeljack's back. Ultra Magnus lifted the medic onto his back and the two rushed towards camp, praying that they weren't being tailed by the Cons. Hopefully they would regroup with Optimus back in the safety of their home.

To Taylor, however, Ratchet was part of that home. If he wasn't there, then a piece was missing.

She couldn't lose him.

————

Sorry for the short chapter! I didn't have much motivation today lol