37 || Company

Ratchet wanted nothing more than to take the marigold and leave. Of course, things always had to be more complicated than needed when it came to achieving success in his case.

"Okay, Autobot. Explain yourself." Antioch demanded. He sat directly in front of Ratchet while Juno lounged nearby.

"His name is Ratchet, not Autobot." Juno mumbled as she rolled her eyes.

Ratchet instinctively moved his leg closer to Taylor, making sure she would be protected as she sat cross-legged between his front paws. Considering the situation, neither of them could risk anything. They both had someone to protect. He just happened to be at a disadvantage due to his injury.

"I'll make this short." Ratchet began, not wanting to relive too much of the ordeal. "We were captured by humans and escaped with another Autobot. He's in bad condition, which is why I need the marigold."

"How did you find this place? I know you weren't just lucky enough to stumble upon it." Antioch huffed, digging his claws deeper into the ground.

"Someone named Huntress told us to look here." Taylor chimed in despite knowing she was supposed to stay quiet. "Ratchet needs the marigold for his wound too."

Antioch's gaze fell to Ratchet's wound, studying the deep marks that carved into his flesh. "I've seen plenty of wounds like that. You'd be lucky to keep your leg if that thing gets infected." He said as he lifted his head to meet the medic's gaze once again. "You said Huntress sent you?"

Ratchet sighed heavily. "Yes. She offered us a place to stay until we recover. Do you know her?"

"She's my sister." Antioch rose to his paws and narrowed his eyes. "She may show you mercy, but I will not. Take the human and leave."

"What about the marigold? We need it!" Taylor protested.

Antioch curled his lips back to bare his teeth. "Then take what you've already gathered, nothing more." He growled at her.

Taylor looked at the bundle of marigold in her hands. She could only hope it would be enough for both Ratchet and Cliffjumper. With a soft sigh, she pushed herself to her feet and brushed one hand against Ratchet's foreleg.

Ratchet released a puff of steam from his nostrils, unhappy with Antioch's aggressive display. He slowly rose to his paws and stood behind Taylor.

"We'll be on our way, then." He muttered, gently nudging her with his snout before he turned away.

Taylor glanced over her shoulder at Juno as they left. The dragonet seemed to be sad that they were leaving and she couldn't help but feel bad for her. Still, she understood why Antioch was acting so protective. Ratchet was the same way with her.

What she didn't understand was why he hated Autobots so much. Had they done something in the past? Optimus never mentioned anything about rogue dragons, so why did Antioch hold such a tough grudge?

Pushing her thoughts aside, she rubbed her arms to warm herself and followed Ratchet.

Upon their return to the hollow, Ratchet was relieved to see that Cliffjumper was right where he had left him: basking in the warmth of the sun.

"I see your trip was successful." Huntress stated as she approached, gesturing to the bundle of marigold in Taylor's hand.

"You failed to inform us about the presence of another dragon." Ratchet growled in an accusatory tone. "That would've been helpful to know."

She rolled her eyes at him. "It wasn't important. My brother hardly ever goes to that place. You were just unlucky enough to cross paths with him."

"Considering the fact that I took a huge risk by going there with Taylor, I think it is extremely important. She could've been hurt. Or worse, killed!" He seethed as he advanced toward her.