06 || Abduction

Starscream slunk into the gloomy den with an air of caution. Entering the den of the most fearsome dragon alive was a cautious task, for one never truly knew where Megatron would be hiding within the dark depths.

Luckily for him, his master was laying in full view just towards the back of the den with a deer carcass at his paws. While the sight and smell of fresh meat was tempting, Starscream knew he had to restrain himself. Megatron was not one to trifle with, especially about food.

The slender dragon cleared his throat to announce his presence and straightened himself to make it seem like he wasn't terribly afraid, even though he was. "You called, my liege?" He said.

Megatron tore a chunk of meat from the deer's hindquarters, his razor-sharp fangs slicing through tendons and muscle as if they were butter. Blood stained the silvery scales around his jaws a crimson red as he swallowed the meat, enhancing his already intimidating appearance. He lazily flicked his tail and shifted his gaze to Starscream.

"Tell me about this... girl you have discovered." The silver dragon rumbled, running his claws along a bone that had been licked clean.

"Well." Starscream began, deciding to sit back on his haunches close to the entrance so he had an easy escape route if he needed one. Megatron could be extremely volatile at times. "It appears she has formed a bond with Ratchet. He seemed to be protecting her when I attacked."

"The Autobot medic..." Megatron seethed, curling back his lip to expose his blood-stained fangs. "So Optimus has gone soft after all, considering he allowed that medic to bring such a disgusting creature into his very camp." He swiped his tongue across his jaws, cleaning the blood from his scales. The metallic flavor in his mouth excited him. He desired to taste the blood of Optimus and the Autobots on his tongue and feel their flesh rip beneath his claws, but he knew that would all come in due time. "Which I assume you haven't found yet."

Starscream swallowed nervously. "N-No, my liege. The medic drove me off before I could investigate further." He shrunk back when the warlord snarled at him, expecting to be attacked. Surprisingly, nothing happened.

Flashing his fangs once more at his SIC, Megatron merely returned to his deer carcass. "I grow weary of your constant failures, Starscream." He hissed dangerously, rasping his tongue across an exposed hunk of flesh to lap up the blood.

"Then allow me to redeem myself, master! I can prove that I am still useful!"

The enormous dragon let out a harsh laugh upon hearing that. "What could you possibly do to change my mind on your usefulness, you pathetic creature? Speak quickly, for my patience is thin this evening." He growled softly, glaring daggers at the smaller dragon.

"I could capture the human girl and bring her back to you! Then you can do whatever you wish with her!" Starscream said, leaping to his paws. Then, a sly smirk crept across his features and he chuckled darkly. "Or, I have another idea that could produce twice the reward."

Megatron shared the smirk, his scarlet eyes glimmering with interest. "I'm listening."

*
*
*

"Ratchet... why are we up so early? The sun's barely even up!" Taylor whined, only pausing to yawn and rub her eyes. Although she had slept rather well, she still felt drowsy.

Ratchet simply chuckled and shook his head. "We're going to gather herbs. It's best to gather them just before dawn so that the sun doesn't dry up the dew. That's what keeps them nice and fresh." He explained with a light smile as he padded beside her. "Plus, neither Smokescreen nor Bumblebee would be willing to get up and come with me."

Aww, he only wants company! Taylor thought, looking up at the medic. "So you've been going alone all this time?"

"Yes I have. While the solitude is quite nice, it does get lonely sometimes." Ratchet said, starting to scan the forest floor for the herbs he needed. "I'm glad you came along. You can help me pick out the best ones. Although I try to be careful, sometimes my teeth do their job a little too well."

Taylor giggled at that and smiled brightly. "Okay! What are we looking for?"

Ratchet then proceeded to inform Taylor about herbs and explain what they looked like so she wouldn't accidentally touch something poisonous. He was looking for marigold, horsetail, and catmint in particular, but any good herb would do. Since the medic trusted the silver-haired girl, he allowed her to search for herbs on her own while he searched nearby.

Taylor was enjoying herself so far. Gathering herbs was turning out to be more exciting than she had imagined! Using a big leaf that had fallen from an enormous oak tree, she carefully carried whatever herbs she found while she continued her search. In her enthusiasm, however, she failed to realize how far away she was getting from Ratchet. She just kept running to and fro, gathering whatever herb she could, until her leaf had filled up.

Feeling satisfied, she stood up straight and stretched her aching back for a moment. "Okay, Ratchet, I think I've got enough— Ratchet?" She looked around, but saw no sign of the medic's orange and white scales. How far had she gone? She couldn't have gone too far! "Oh no... I can't be lost! I can't be!" She cried, frantically trying to think of what to do.

But before she could even call the medic's name again, something snatched her by her sweatshirt and yanked her backwards into the undergrowth.

Her herbs scattered across the ground where she had been standing just moments ago.

The only sign that she had even been there at all.