Progress

Questions before you read:

Who do you think said the title of this chapter?

Why do you think they said it?

*Niall's POV*

I end up falling asleep on the couch and I liked it better. I didn't dare want to sleep in the bed with Zayn. But this morning we got up, loaded the car and poured me some coffee in a thermal and we left on the road. I laid my head against the window sighing. I felt wet droplets on my face and I quickly wiped them away so Zayn wouldn't see them. I then grabbed my coffee and drunk some.

About a hour into the drive it start raining. It was a lot of rain. I couldn't see out the window and Zayn couldn't either. I knew if I didn't do something we'd probably die in a car crash in the highway. I rolled down my window.

"Fuck" I cursed as I put my head out of it.

"You need to get to an exit." I yelled then looked to see if there were any cars in the right lane. "Get over now." I said and he did.

A exit was coming up. "Get over its a exit you don't need to miss because there's not one for a couple of miles." I said and he did.

"Now continue then turn right up there near that hotel." I told him.

It was cold as fuck. It's the beginning of December and this rain isn't helping anything.

We pulled up to the hotel parking lot, parking quickly before running inside.

Zayn paid for us a room while I stood near a vent that was blowing heat.

"C'mon." He muttered and we walked towards the lift.

He pressed floor 16. I rocked back in forth until we got to the floor. Zayn walked slowly to go open the door. I ran in trying to find the heater. When I did I sat in front of it. Zayn laid on the bed. Need I say it was only one bed.

I took off my shirt and placed it on the vent. I then took off my pants and went on the other side of the bed. I got under the covers hiding my head underneath them.

I felt a weight lift off the bed then minutes later I felt his arm around my waist pulling me close to his chest.

I sighed pulling away and scooting back over to my side.

"Why won't you tell me what's wrong" "I'm your boyfriend. I'm supposed to know this" "Can you just talk to me Niall."

I got up and went to the bathroom. Because I didn't have my coffee with me I had to just cry. I locked the Bergeron door and took deep breaths. I sat against the door. Hands pulling at my hair just crying. I made sure I wasn't loud because knowing Zayn if he heard me and knew the door was locked he'd probably kick it in.

He didn't seem this concerned about me when he was kissing that bitch.

"She's not a bitch Niall." I said to myself.

"No she's a lilac haired bitch." I said to myself then laughed at it.

I'm going crazy. Is this what relationships are like? God if I knew I would have just been friends with Zayn. Who am I kidding, me and the author of this book knows Ziall is life.

I sighed. But Zayn can't be life because he cheated. With a girl! Like what does she have that I don't have better. Like I have a penis. She has a penis pocket like what's fun about a penis pocket. I bet I'm way tighter than her vagina would ever be.

But anyways what did I do to get betrayed like that? Is it because I'm clingy? I do seem clingy. Oh god I'm clingy as fuck.

---

The next day we got back on the road. We still haven't spoke. And it took longer because some of the roads were closed due to flooding.

"We need to stop at the gas station. So exit." I told him.

"Why?" He asked and I didn't respond.

He didn't stop either. I was irritated and I got my laptop from out of my bag in the back and I started typing my story. I was actually beyond pissed. The car start slowing down and he looked at the fuel.

"Damnit." He said.

Yeah we're out of gas. And that's not even what I wanted to stop at the gas station for coffee.

"I'll get it." I told him and he popped the trunk and I got his fuel thing.

I don't know the name of it, but it's red and it has a little spout.

I picked it up. It was full so I just opened up the thing and poured the gas in it. The cars were passing by going extremely fast. Enough to blow my hair right into a different hairstyle. I laughed as I saw the cars coming pass. My hair was every where. After I was done I got in the car in a nice mood.

"What's with you?" He asked and I turned to look out the window.

The gas didn't really last so the next exit we took he pumped the gas while I went in and bought me two coffees and filled up my thermal. And I don't usually do this but I bought me a pack of cigarettes. I walked back out to the car and climbed in. Zayn was already done pumping gas. I rolled down the window and opened up the pack of cigarettes. And pulled out a old lighter I had in my computer bag. I lit it and began smoking.

"I didn't know you smoke." He said.

"And I didn't know you'd cheat." I mumbled.

"What?" He asked.

"Nothing." I said and he started driving sighing to himself.

"Progress." He said.