Chapter 63

Sarvesh finally bid goodbye to Bhargavi, noticing her lost in her own world and was escorted downstairs by Parul.

Prabir was quietly waiting for his father's return. He wanted to talk to Bhargavi about Mayank and his mother but considering, what she had been through the entire day, he wanted to save the conversation for the next day, letting her have a peaceful night's rest.

He quickly strode upstairs as Parul and Sarvesh walked downstairs after bidding goodbye to Sarvesh on his way, patting on his back lightly.

He found her consumed in her own world, staring blankly at the dream catcher and outside the window. The door was left wide open still he knocked gently and she glanced at him.

He walked up to her and sat beside her,gently pushing back a strand of hair from her face. "Prabu...what will you tell uncle? Why am I staying here?" She asked curiously.

"Leave all that to me Bhargu. You want me to send Paru...to apply that ointment on your back once more before you go to bed?" Prabir enquired quietly.

"No! She keeps blabbering non-stop and her sobbing and crying nauseates me.

I don't want to hear another word about Maa.

I know what she did was wrong.

First Maa did this to me and now she will torment herself. She never gets tired of this.
I am feeling very exhausted Prabu. Can you please apply that ointment? I want to sleep."

Prabir swiftly agreed to help her. He was applying the ointment and blowing softly on her back, when Mr. Banerjee suddenly entered the room.

He hadn't pressed the doorbell, informing his arrival as Dhruv was still at the entrance talking with Sarvesh while he returned home. Dhruv and Sarvesh were so engrossed in their conversation, that though they greeted him cordially, none of them informed him anything about Bhargavi.

Parul noticed his father return home early but, instead of going to his room, he rushed towards Prabir's room. She assumed that Prabir had briefed him about Bhargavi's condition, so she stood rooted on the ground floor near the stairs.

Bhargavi dragged her t-shirt down in an instant feeling embarrassed and Mr. Banerjee looked away immediately. Without a second thought, Bhargavi jumped off the bed and drifted in his direction.

"Easy! Easy! Bhargu", Prabir shrieked and stood as a pillar between them.

"Move... Let me talk to him. This is not the consolation prize you should be receiving for helping me," Bhargavi snapped.

"Uncle please don't misunderstand him. This is all my fault. I urged him to help me," she explained desperately.

"Bhargu...Please calm down. Don't panic. He's not misunderstanding me. He looked the other way because you felt embarrassed," Prabir elucidated
" And even if he misunderstands me then what...Bhargu?
I'll talk to him...explain...that he knows only half a side of the story.

Why do you keep neglecting the fact that you were stabbed?" Prabir enquired furiously.

"Stabbed? How? When?" Mr. Banerjee quizzed frantically.

"Baba...please come in. I need you to change her bandages. She was stabbed yesterday in the afternoon and the bandages should have been changed once at least in 24hours.

If you show me once, I can do it whenever required," Prabir said genuinely.

"How in the world did you get stabbed Bhargavi?" Mr. Banerjee asked curiously and she looked down at the floor not knowing what to say.