Chapter 40

"Please follow me, this way ladies", Prabir said with a charming smile.
He led them to a small table at a corner of the restaurant and pulled up a chair for Ms. Nalini pleading, " Maa..please sit here", then he pulled up a chair for Bhawani and gestured her to sit down.

"But you said that Brijesh uncle and Aditya uncle, would also be joining us", Bhargavi enquired uneasily.

"Aah! Did I say that? Well, then surprise!! No one else is joining us", he said with a mischievous twinkle.

He pulled out a chair next to Bhawani and prompted, " Mam, please have your seat"and Bhargavi sat down slowly.

Prabir occupied a seat next to Ms. Nalini, as an authoritative ruler, crossing one leg over the other, and asked politely, " Maa...what will you like to have?"

Ms. Nalini was feeling very uncomfortable, this was the first time she visited a restaurant in years. She did not even remember the last time, she visited a restaurant. She shyly said, " what will I say Prabir, you three decide."

Bhargavi had a puzzled expression on her face, her mind was filled with question marks.

Bhawani was extremely quiet and could not understand what was going on either.

Prabir called up the waiter and placed the orders, he had placed the orders himself but it included almost everything that was Bhargavi's, Bhawani's and Ms. Nalini's favourite.

Bhargavi glanced at Prabir with a look demanding explanation, and he smiled heartily.

"I convinced Keya's parents...that Keya's decision had nothing to do with Bhargu...

Punishing an innocent person won't bring back Keya to them or help bring her out of coma.

So..they won't be filing any case against Bhargu and there is nothing to worry", he clarified gleefully.

"But Prabir Bhaiya..what about the suicide note?" Bhawani asked curious.

"Tomorrow if I commit suicide and blame the prime minister of the country, for my death, will he face any kind of hassles Bhawu?

There is no evidence that police found against Bhargu...and there could be no motive behind Bhargu...wanting Keya's death, that the police could trace, even if they investigate."

Relief flushed on Ms. Nalini's face, she held Prabir's arm and said, "thank you Prabir", again and again with tears tumbling down her cheeks.

"You lied to me. You are a lier. Why didn't you tell me all of this earlier?" Bhargavi snapped.

" Hey! Bhargu...I am sorry, I wanted to surprise you all and yes, I also lied to you about one more thing.

When Nishwas Sinha's henchman had called me, I didn't ask for time to think, I threatened him.

After what Mayank tried to do with Bhawu...there is no way that I'll ever try to persuade you ...to stop digging into his past, rather I'll only help you with all my might", he replied solemnly.

"How in the world did you convince Keya's parents? Her mother had grabbed my collar in the hospital and...she yelled at me." Bhargavi enquired curiously.

Prabir regarded her carefully and began, " I ..I went back to the hospital after I had seen Maa beat you up and I spoke to Keya's parents.

I told them about Keya...our friendship and what she meant to me.

I became friends with her when we were in class 9, while once I noticed her crying alone in a corner in the library. I approached her and asked, ' Hey! Are you okay?'