Chapter 34

Prabir called out Bhargavi's name softly before entering her room, to know if she was still awake, as it was midnight when he had stolen in her house while everyone else was asleep.

"Prabu...ditch your good manners and help me", she snapped.

"Why are you on the floor wrapped in a towel?" he enquired curiously.

"Learning to swim without water", she said tersely.

"Seriously Bhargu...your sense of humor is killing me", he mumbled and picked her up from the floor, holding her shoulders. She held onto him tightly unable to walk but was able to stand up after making numerous failed attempts on her own.

She was eloped in his arms and he gingerly placed her on the bed. She laid down on the bed quickly and Prabir had a dead serious expression on his face.

"Where do you keep dry towels?" he enquired quietly.

"In the cupboard...but I don't know if you will be able to find it", she replied smoothly.

He walked up to the cupboard and placed his palms on the handle, when she hissed "Don't do that...it's not that I have snakes in there slithering but...it's a man made disaster".

Prabir gently pulled the handle and was burried under a pile of clothes.

"Ah!! My secret mess is revealed", she sighed.

He searched for a towel and rapidly paced in her direction, he made her sit up straight and sat behind her. Then he gently rubbed her hair dry with the towel and then made up a towel turban by flipping over her hair, wrapping the towel snugly around her head and twisting it, as it was dripping wet.

"Are you okay Bhargu?" He asked concerned.

"Umm...I am much...much better now", she said with a smile.

"Put on your clothes, I'll be back", he murmured and left her alone closing the doors behind. He leaned his back on the door and patiently stood waiting for around ten minutes feeling tensed and anxious.

Then he softly knocked on the door calling out, " Bhargu...can I come in?"

"Yes, please", she replied carelessly.

She made space for him to sit beside her, as she again laid down and patted on the bed gesturing him to take a seat.

He sat softly caressing her face and spoke, " Bhargu...you are okay, right?" his face looked pale and eyes revealed a lot of love and concern for her.

"I felt so tired but was unable to get any sleep at all, my head felt like it would split apart and I just gazed at the ceiling and sometimes outside the window for almost an hour.

Then I thought that maybe a shower would help me relax a bit.

When I was in the shower, the bulb got fused and I somehow managed to grab all my clothes and come back to my room.

As soon as I entered my room, my vision got distorted and blurred out of the blue and then everything seemed to be spinning around me and it just didn't stop, I lost my balance and fell down on the floor. I tried to sit up many times but couldn't", she simply stated.

"Do you have migraines Bhargu?" he quizzed.

"No..it must be due to fasting", she abruptly said and bit her tongue for having said that.

"What?" he asked exasperatedly.

"I was thinking about keeping a fast on every Tuesday and Thursday",she said cautiously.

"Why do you have to do that?" he snapped.

"The nightmare I saw yesterday... I don't want anything to happen to you Prabu, I need you to be safe", she admitted seriously.