Chapter 44

Bhargavi and Sarvesh walked out of the guest room, with Bhargavi's right arm still draped over his shoulder. To Parul's surprise Sarvesh was beaming with joy.

Mr. Ritvik and Mr. Ayush thanked Mr. Banerjee, Prabir and especially Bhargavi, before asking for permission to leave.

"You can leave your clothes here and come and get them later", Prabir said casually to Sarvesh, who only nodded gladly before leaving.

After they had left, Parul and Mr. Banerjee, walked up to the sofa and sat down quietly, while Prabir and Bhargavi's gaze met each other's and they stared at each other for sometime, both having gratitude and respect reflecting in their eyes for the other person.

Bhargavi felt that Prabir was teaching her to be patient and have more  self-control with every passing day. She was extremely cautious and careful regarding her actions now, especially if Prabir was around or if her actions could hurt him. She could no longer be the reckless person, she was after what Prabir had said earlier in the morning

"It hurts me baby when I see wounds and bruises on you."

Similar to that Prabir knew that he was learning to be himself only because of Bhargavi. He had dragged Sarvesh the night before, upto his room, without caring about what Parul might think of him. He was letting his emotions get revealed instead of bottling them up as always.

Bhargavi broke the ice, mumbling," I know what you are thinking Prabu.

It was ME, I had asked you to give Sarvesh one more chance. I didn't want to risk messing up Paru's life only because of my intuitions, so I had to dig into Sarvesh's past a bit more.

I met the doctor, who was treating Mrs. Chaitali, taking an appointment as a patient, as I believed that otherwise she won't make time for me. She was friendly, and had honoured my questions very gracefully. She had also given me the email address of the doctor, to whom she had referred Mrs. Chaitali abroad.

Dr. Park was kind enough to respond to my emails and informed me that the last time Mrs. Chaitali visited him was quite upset with Sarvesh never calling her.

She is a lady with  manners, morals, intelligence and class and deserves to at least get a call from her son once in a while, he had added regretfully."

Mr. Banerjee was wondering regarding the conversation going on between Prabir and Bhargavi, as he carefully observed their expressions. He had been highly impressed with Bhargavi, for the way she had handled Sarvesh, managing to calm him down and make him listen to her, making him realize his mistakes, it was awe-inspiring.

Parul was still pondering about what could have Bhargavi said to Sarvesh, that had made him ecstatic out of the blue.

"Bhargu... yesterday, as I had stayed in the hospital almost throughout the day, I was urged to get back home by the relatives of Bhairav Uncle. They had promised me... that they'll see to it that Bhairav Uncle and Kavya Aunty have their dinner.

I was thinking about packing some breakfast and taking it to the hospital for them. Can you please come with me Bhargu, I don't want to go alone, the hospital keeps reminding me about unpleasant memories", Prabir said genuinely pleading.

Bhargavi quipped, " will they not hate my presence near their daughter?"

"Noooo...Bhargu. I have already explained them everything", Prabir said assuring her. " You just wait here, I'll quickly pack their breakfast."

None of them had changed their clothes, after the visit from the temple. So Prabir hurried to the kitchen and started packing up a tiffin box, informing Mr. Banerjee, " Baba..Bhargu and I are going to visit Keya's parents in the hospital.

I'll come back and make something for lunch, you don't have to worry."

Mr. Banerjee was now able to understand the reason of their deeply engrossed and serious conversation. He was proud of both of them, who were trying to shoulder responsibilities and help Keya's parents.

"Baba...you mind me taking your car?" Prabir asked anxiously, holding the car keys before his father.

"No...take it", Mr. Banerjee agreed instantaneously.

They reached the hospital and Prabir opened the tiffin box before Mrs. Kavya and Mr. Bhairav with a pleasant smile.

Mrs. Kavya looked drained out of emotions, as if she could feel nothing anymore. Mr. Bhairav who used to be an adventurous and outgoing person looked completely lifeless.

Prabir's pleadings went unheard, he couldn't convince them into eating even a bite.

Mr. Bhairav's relatives were weeping and sobbing, themselves looking miserable and helpless.

Bhargavi stepped forward and sat down beside Mrs. Kavya, then she uttered softly, " Aunty...a life need not be long-lived for it to have been meaningful.

This might not make any sense right now, but....Keya has lived a very happy,healthy and prosperous life..all because of you. She is an amazing person and I am sure, she will never want to see you like this."

" Why did she do this Bhargavi? Why?

My child seemed to be thriving, there were no warning signs.
Why did I not know that she was struggling?....That she felt alone in all her struggles. Why was I not more vigilant?" Mrs. Kavya blubbered.

Bhargavi embraced her, knowing that Mrs. Kavya had plunged herself into immense darkness, she was immersed in self blame. This debilitating sadness and the grief would never go away. It seemed as if the couple had now no reason to live anymore, they had hinged all their hopes on their only daughter.

"Bhargu...", Prabir called up softly, and Bhargavi slowly walked up to him.

"Dhruv...Bhargu... He is supposed to be released today right?
Do you know where Dhruv might be or how we can contact him?" Prabir asked anxiously.

Bhargavi stared at him awed and flustered for sometime, and then understood what Prabir was talking about.

"Bhargu...Dhruv has no one to call his own, and he'll need exceptence, love and concern. I mean...he'll need a family to again start living a normal life after having spent so much time in jail.

Kavya Aunty and Bhairav Uncle need a person who depends solely on them, so that they don't crumble and stay strong for that person - they'll have a reason to live on", Prabir elucidated the points whirling in his mind after he had taken Bhargavi out of earshot of everyone, they had known around.

"Your plan is pretty awesome!

Only if we are able to make it through.

It is not going to be easy....they will not tell each other, oh! I need you and you need me too, so let's make a happy family", Bhargavi suggested seriously.

"I know Bhargu...but at least we have to try", Prabir said thoughtfully.

"And keep trying", Bhargavi added with a smile.

"I don't know how we are going to make this work Prabu, but okay, let's move, we need to find Dhruv first...it is much better than watering a dead plant and expecting it to live", Bhargavi said remorsefully.

**********************

Soon after Prabir and Bhargavi had left for the hospital, Parul called up Sarvesh and quizzed, " What did Bhargavi Di tell you?"

"She told me that she loves me", Sarvesh said elated.

"What?" Parul shrieked.

"Hey! You..not like that girl, as an elder sister", he replied back frustrated.

"She also told me that she is proud of me...that I am an honest and a brave person", Sarvesh added gleefully, running his fingers on his hair.

"That is so unlike her", Parul replied shocked.

"You crazy monkey, what were you even thinking?

Bhargavi Di's heart belongs to only one person, you know very well Parul", Sarvesh said sincerely.

A/N: Hope you enjoy reading this chapter.

Please forgive me for any typos.

Thank you all!! 🥰🥰