Chapter 60

(A/N: This is just a little reminder to all, in case you might have forgotten-

Mayank left Jahron to live in a city named Rimpson, where he met Keya.( As stated in Chapter 53 ))

Prabir halted his bike and was astonished to find Dhruv at the gate speaking with Mayank.

Mayank noticed Prabir and quickly strode towards him. " Prabir. Please help me save my mother," he pleaded.

Prabir raised his palm signalling him to stop and then looked at Parul.
"Please go in Paru," Prabir said brusquely.

When Parul was out of earshot, Prabir enquired quietly," What happened to her?"

"Maa had been sick for quite a long time but I never knew that she is in this miserable condition because of my...father.

She tried to stop him from doing wrong things and ...as a result he left her paralyzed and numb.

Nobody was expecting me at home but I wanted to see Maa once before I returned to Rimpson. I overheard my father speaking with her and one of the nurses.

Yes! I wanted to go abroad but not anymore and even my father isn't considering this decision seriously presently.

I don't want to leave Maa behind but can't take her with me to Rimpson. I can't be in the bad books of my father just yet.

Considering my low grades and scores, if I am thrown out of my school, I will not get admission anywhere else and thus, will fail to live up to Keya's dreams," Mayank concluded feebly. " I have lost Keya and now I can't lose her Prabir."

"You can leave her to my care, but yes , you will have to find nurses who would take turns in taking her care, as I won't be able to provide my undivided attention for 24/7," Prabir said thoughtfully.

"Thank you. Thank you so much," Mayank murmured and fell down on Prabir's feet.

Prabir picked him up from his shoulders and whispered," Mayank I too need a favor in return.

Nope! Actually two."

"Favor?Me?" Mayank asked bewildered.

Dhruv who had already known Mayank's story, had his eyes glued on a person parched on his bike, whose face was covered in his helmet. He seemed to have followed Prabir and halted his bike at a distance, away from the bright street lights in the dark. Dhruv softly inquired," Mayank. You see that biker? Is he one of your men?"

Mayank turned around to notice the man and blurted out," No! My men are in the SUV."

"Could he be your father's informant? He has been observing us for quite sometime now," Dhruv further enquired.

"No! He had been following me all the way here from Parul's dance class," Prabir informed.

Before Mayank could call his men and ask them to go after him, he fled driving at a dangerous speed.

"Okay! Dhruv. I am really sorry but I have no other option. You will have to vacate your room for the time being. You may leave your belongings there - only the bed..."Prabir stated bluntly.

"Yeah! No worries man!" Dhruv chirped in casually.

"You both bring her in. I'll change the sheets on my bed quickly," Dhruv said and darted in swiftly.

Mayank walked up to the SUV and cradled his mother in his arms like a fragile ragged doll. His men followed him with her luggage.

Mayank laid his mother gently on the bed as Dhruv fixed the pillows.