Chapter 41

While leaving the restaurant, Bhargavi playfully asked Prabir, " So, how did you threaten the henchman, who had called you?" and in a child like voice continued, " please don't call me again, Mr. Henchman.

Oh! My God! You are so scary."

"Hey! Bhargu...stop teasing me", Prabir mumbled as all the others rolled out in hysterics.

They were on their way back, when Prabir received a call from Parul. He immediately received the call and heard a panicked voice from the other end, " Bhaiya...Sarvesh" she sobbed horribly, and paused before continuing.

"Paru ...what happened?" Prabir enquired concerned.

"Bhaiya...Sarvesh is not receiving my calls or replying back and he has left his home.

Ritvik uncle had called me up and he is equally worried about him", Parul informed.

"But why did he suddenly decide to leave?" Prabir asked tensed.

"Bhaiya, he has overheard Ritvik uncle speaking to his father on the phone", Parul replied snivelling.

"Don't worry Paru, I'll find him", Prabir assured his sister.

"What is it? What's wrong?" Bhargavi enquired curiously remarking the tension on Prabir's face as she was seated beside him in the car, on their return journey, while earlier this seat had been occupied by Ms. Nalini.

"It's Sarvesh, he has stormed out of his house and may be strolling somewhere alone. He has heard Ritvik uncle speak to his father and must have felt like being deceived and cheated", Prabir informed.

"But...where and how will you find him?" Bhargavi asked anxiously.

"I don't know, Bhargu", he replied sadly.

"Maa, please can you let Bhargu stay with Paru for tonight, at least till I am able to find out Sarvesh's hideout", Prabir pleaded with Ms. Nalini.

"Umm..Okay!" Ms. Nalini agreed in an instant.

Bhargavi snatched away Prabir's phone, which he still held in his left hand and called up Parul, " Paru..when Sarvesh took you out for a dinner, did he take you somewhere else apart from the Minchox restaurant?" she quizzed.

"He had taken me to the ghats of Baitarini river", Parul replied sobbing.

"Look, I know that you are probably freaked out but dear Paru..you whimpering like that and crying out a river, doesn't make me feel a bit warm in my hollow tin chest.

You are not writing an eulogy for a dead person, are you?

We'll find the coconut head, okay! " Bhargavi said annoyed and disconnected the call.

"Prabu..you can start your search from the ghats of Baitarini. Is crying one of her favorite hobbies or something?" Bhargavi sighed, as Prabir held a smirk on his face.

As soon as they reached, Parul darted out in frenzy towards Prabir and desperately insisted, "Bhaiya, please let me come with you."

Mr. Banerjee was finding it difficult to chase her, and after sometime reached her, panting and gasping for air.

"Noooo! You dummy little creature, you're staying back with me.

He doesn't need a grand search party, parading throughout the city looking out for Sarvesh; especially pretty girls like you toiling out late at night inviting trouble", Bhargavi said ruefully.

"Bhargu...please take her in", Prabir said brusquely without even getting out of the car and turned on the engine again after, Ms. Nalini and Bhawani had finally got down following Bhargavi, who had immediately got down once the car had come to a halt.