Chapter 46

Dedicated to MeghatheBaaka

"Bhargu how about we help Dhruv with his shopping first, it is almost lunch time and I will have to grab something on the way home for lunch as I had asked Baba not to cook. The grocery shopping can be done later", Prabir said earnestly.

"Umm...okay!" Bhargavi replied instantly.

Prabir swiftly helped Dhruv pick up some clothes and they drove back home. Prabir had halted in between at a side way restaurant to pack up four meals.

"Bhargu, you go home and get some rest after having lunch and Dhruv you please come with me", Prabir said parking his car in front of his house.

He held the meals in his hands and two bags, while Dhruv carried the remaining four.

"Baba, this is my friend Dhruv Rathi", Prabir said softly as Mr. Banerjee quietly opened the door on hearing the doorbell.

Prabir walked swiftly and placed the meals on the tea- table after taking off his shoes and said, "come, I'll show you your room."

Dhruv slowly followed him to the guest room. " Please freshen up, I'll come back to call you for lunch", Prabir mumbled placing a hand on Dhruv's shoulders. Dhruv nodded mutely in reply.

Prabir hurriedly rushed to his room to take up a shower, wanting to get rid of the smell and the feeling of having visited a hospital.

Mr. Banerjee had already started to serve the meals on the table, when Prabir returned downstairs running straight to the kitchen.

"Baba where's Paru?" Prabir enquired.

"Up in her room", Mr. Banerjee replied calmly.

"Paru....Paru", Prabir screamed, " I'll call Dhruv" he added and disappeared from the kitchen, swiftly striding towards the guest room.

They quietly had their meal, and post lunch, Parul and Dhruv retired to their rooms, while Mr. Banerjee stayed back to lend Prabir a hand in the kitchen.

Prabir started with the preparation of the cake, gathering up all the ingredients, as Mr. Banerjee set up the oven to preheat.

Prabir handed Mr. Banerjee a cabbage, some carrots and capsicum after washing the vegetables for shredding, while he went on to making a smooth batter.

Mr. Banerjee was not used to working in the kitchen for a while now and struggled trying to do his best, till Prabir took over and pleaded, " I'll do it Baba, don't worry. You go and rest for a while."

Prabir chopped his fingers twice in a hurry, while making the preparations for some snacks like vegetable cutlets and spring rolls. He had invited a lot of people on Bhargavi's birthday party and indeed was in trouble he realized.

He called up Rakesh, who received the call immediately " Hello! Rakesh, I need all of my besties here as soon as possible. Please come fast and call up the others. I need your help for cooking and also for the decorations, so if you could bring some knives and choppers it will be of help.

Call up Ayush too, he makes the best masala tea and remember to park your bikes at the back door of my house, I don't want Bhargu to have any suspicions", Prabir said thoughtfully.

"Aye Aye! Captain", Rakesh said gladly.

Prabir had already asked them to drop by his house around 4 in the evening but now had to ask them to come earlier because of the urgency to have everything done within time.

Rakesh, Sachin, Sekhar, Vishwesh and Abhijeet were Prabir's childhood friends while Ayush had become a part of his life during the time he had been graduating from college.