Chapter 53

Next day early in the morning, Mr. Banerjee woke up at 7 and after getting a shower, he dressed up as usual for work and walked downstairs.

He saw Sarvesh and Dhruv lying asleep on the floor, along with two other boys whom he couldn't recognize.

He went straight to the kitchen but Prabir was not there, then he again went upstairs to check out if Prabir was in his room. Prabir's room was vacant, he checked on Parul's room but she too was soundly sleeping.

"Paru do you know where Prabir is?" He asked, waking her up. She looked up at him drowsily and mumbled, " I am not going to school today Bhaiya please", and drifted off to sleep again.

Mr. Banerjee called up Prabir several times, but his calls went ignored. Then at last, he decided to call up Bhargavi. Bhargavi who was awake and working on a report, received the call immediately shocked, " Hello! Good morning Uncle", she said cheerfully.

"Bhargavi, do you know where Prabir is?" Mr. Banerjee asked without any preamble.

"He's not at home?" She quizzed in return.

"No Bhargavi. I haven't seen him since the morning and he's not receiving my calls. Do you know these two boys, sleeping here? I recognize Dhruv and Sarvesh but I can't ..." Mr. Banerjee said calmly.

"Uncle one of them is Sarvesh's chauffeur and the other one is Ishaan, Bhawani's friend", Bhargavi replied politely.

Where could he have gone so early in the morning?

"Uncle I'll come and help you out with making the breakfast and I am hoping that Prabir will return soon.

Parul won't be able to go to school today I guess because she might still have a hangover. They were all partying out last night", she further added softly.

"Okay! I guess I will need some help else I will get late, but won't you go to college today Bhargavi?" Mr. Banerjee enquired.

"No Uncle, I am not going to college today, as you know Raunak is still in the hospital, I'll go to visit him and Kavya Aunty", she replied smoothly.

Bhargavi explained everything to her mother and rushed to help Mr. Banerjee.

Though she was not good as a cook and never ever tried to help her mother in the kitchen, she had observed Prabir work in the kitchen very carefully and had begun to question herself as to why she hated to learn and develop cooking skills.

She quickly peeled, washed and chopped vegetables as Mr. Banerjee started to make a curry. She toasted bread and applied butter smoothly for his breakfast and kneaded a dough of flour, before rolling out some rotis using the rolling pin.

"I have never seen my child act like this Bhargavi. Prabir has always been extremely polite, nice and a responsible person. I don't want to leave for the hospital without seeing him once", Mr. Banerjee said worried and anxious.

Bhargavi placed her hand on his palms and ensured, " Prabir will return Uncle and as soon as he returns I will call you up", as soon as the words parted her lips, they heard the doorbell.

Both Bhargavi and Mr. Banerjee raced to the living room and Bhargavi opened the door.

"Surprise! Look whom I found", Prabir beamed.

"Ek..Ekansh", Bhargavi uttered startled.

"Prabu, where did you find him?" She quizzed and then held a glimpse of the men standing behind him and was aghast.

"Mayank...what is he doing here? Why did you bring him home?" Bhargavi spat out.

"Bhargu, let us in first, I'll explain it all", he said softly with a warm smile. Bhargavi quickly moved aside and let them in.

The Flame of Love volume II (Completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें