10 - Meeting Them

Start from the beginning

I looked to Gale, who was staring around at the five Autobots wide-eyed.

"It also accidentally created all of the Autobots that have died in the past, but, strangely, not any other Primes," the robot continued with his story. "The Hybrid is supposed to save us all from utter destruction, because without it, the human race will be lost."

My heart nearly stopped. I was supposed to save the Autobots?

"You were not exactly born human. You were made by the Dark Spark."

"W-what?" My heart stopped this time. I didn't have a mother, or a father?

"Megatron created you. You were supposed to be the perfect Decepticon weapon: you would be disguised as a human, but bring destruction to everything around you. But something went wrong." He paused. "Since it was Megatron's first attempt at using the Dark Spark, it malfunctioned without him knowing. He thought he just created a regular human, so he sent you down in the form of a newborn."

My breathing was erratic now. This was too unbelievable to be true. "And then I appeared at my mom's doorstep..." I finished breathlessly.

"Now Megatron is looking for you. He wants you back since he has heard that you are not just a regular human. But we will not allow that." The robot stepped forward. "I am Optimus Prime, leader of the Autobots. This is Bumblebee, my second-in-command." He gestured to the yellow Autobot. "He will be your guardian from now on. We cannot risk you being in the hands of Megatron. And this is Ironhide, my weapons specialist." He gestured to the one who was dark grey.

"You think you're lucky, punk?" Ironhide was looking at Gale. Suddenly, Ironhide's arms shifted, and two giant machine guns appeared on the tops of each of his arms. They weren't pointed at Gale, but pointed at one end of the alley.

"Stop showing off, Ironhide," Optimus told him.

"What? I was just showing him my cannons..." Ironhide retracted the guns back into his metallic arm.

"This is Jazz, my First Lieutenant," Optimus continued.

Jazz did a somersault, landing close to Bumblebee. "Looks like a great place to crack open some moves."

"And this is Ratchet, our medical officer," Optimus introduced the last Autobot.

"I can sense your metallic bones in your body, Hybrid," Ratchet said, who was peering at me. "Actually, she is very low on Energon."

"What's Energon?" I said, frowning.

"Energon is the fuel we use to keep us running," Optimus explained. "You will also need it, or else your parts will lock up."

"So that's why I fell out of the sky," I murmured, then turned to Optimus. "I think I'll need some, since my wings locked up."

"Here." Optimus waved his hand toward Ratchet, who apparently knew what to do. He turned around and pulled out a gasoline-like bottle that was glowing with a blue liquid. "You need to drink this from now on."

"Okay..." I said, then took the tank by the handle. It was surprisingly light; I thought it was supposed to be heavier.

"You will be experiencing changes over the next few days. Bumblebee will stay with you until we know the danger has passed. Bumblebee," he said, turning to his second-in-command. "Stay with the Hybrid until the Decepticons are destroyed."

Bumblebee nodded and transformed into the yellow Camaro that had black racing stripes.

"Stay safe, Hybrid." Optimus nodded, then transformed along with the other Autobots. They all drove off back where they came: from the back of the dark alleyway.

I widened my eyes and slowly turned my head towards Gale. He probably had the same expression I had.

"What just happened?" he whispered.

"I don't know," I replied, but not in a whispery-tone. Truth is, I'm kind of scared what might happen to me. I was still quite in shock of what they told me.

"Are you gonna get in or what?" I whipped my head around to see Bumblebee's car doors open.

"Oh, yeah." I grabbed Gale's hand and shoved him towards the passenger side. Once we were inside, the doors closed and Bumblebee sped off. I leaned back in my seat and gave a huge sigh, my arm rested on my armrest.

The steering wheel was slick, and I ran my left hand over it. Then I saw something. It was a small symbol, with eyes, but more square-shaped and didn't have any pointy edges, like mine.

"The Autobot symbol," the radio, which I'm pretty sure was Bumblebee, informed.

Then what's my symbol?

Suddenly, I felt something rest on top of my hand, then squeeze it. I looked to see Gale's hand on top of my own. My eyes saw his bright blue ones peering deep into mine, full of emotion.

"Whatever happens," he murmured, clutching my fingers even more, "we will get through this together."

I felt tears well up behind my green-brown orbs. "Let's just hope that's true."