Chapter 8

Things fall apart...

Jade's POV

" Jade,when I was in middle school,my dad was protesting against wrongful dismissal,and his leg got broken from being crushed under a forklift. He didn't even get treated much,but he had to go to court right away. They said it was equipment damage. My mum had to pay the money back for ten years to the company that fired my dad." Williams said through the phone.

Why is he suddenly like this.

" ...Having no power is a sin and going against people with power is a sin...I wanted to change that..." He said, I could hear his voice break.

Oh Will...

" ...I wanted to show the obvious fact that everyone is equal before the law! " he shouts.

" Will baby, you can do it." I respond.
" that's why you worked hard until now, right?" I said already having tears in my eyes.

" you think I can do it?" He said in a  calm voice.
"Like this,to you who has no sin as a coward who is putting all the blame on you! " He's voice increases again.
" how can I...?" He started sobbing.

I was ready to cry along with him.

" Williams,this is an accident...an unfortunate accident. To that person and to us." I said trying to control my tears.

" Jade" he called.

" hmm" I answered.

" Don't you regret meeting a bastard like me?" He asked.

That did it and I was in tears.

" I don't regret it." I steadied my voice so he won't know I am crying.
" Regret is for only those who don't have a future. We are not like that,aren't we baby?" I asked.

" Jade...I'm sorry." He said.

" let's stop saying sorry to each other. Instead,even if it's an unfortunate accident,let's be sorry to that person who didn't even had the chance to regret." I said.

I hear him cry a little before the call drops.
I couldn't control myself but cried even more.

I look over to my bed stand. It had the picture of I and my dad. I carried it and stared for a while. I went into my dad's room,seeing him sleeping peacefully and snoring a little I smile. I got closer and watched him sleep.

This is how I want him to sleep always.

In bliss.

_________

Waking up, I find myself on his bed. He wasn't there. I looked around and the ray of light hits me. It was already morning. I stood up and headed to his shop. But he wasn't there. I decided to call him. But his phone was ringing in the house.

Where could he be?

I ran out of the house looking for him.

" Dad!" I shouted with all my might.

" Please have you seen my dad?" I asked a man walking by. But he only shook his head.