Chapter 20

Clues...

Nathaniel's pov

Out of anger I left Elizabeth's house and went straight to hit and run house.

Immediately she saw me she got me coffee,in a little cup I collected it from her in a rush then she warned me saying it was hot. I got to a chair and sat down. Seems like the only chair right now. She stood in front of me.

" What's this? You want me to drink this?" I asked.

" There's nothing better than this after working hard." She said.

I took a sip.

" Why is it so sweet? nevermind" I brought out the paperwork she gave me the last time we saw.
" Are you playing with me? 30 years? Do I have to look at you for 30 more years just to get a little sum of money?" I asked.

" It's too much money for me. I'll work harder, then a few years will be taken off." She said.

" A few years? I don't want to. I heard you have a boyfriend. Ask your boyfriend to help you." I said but she just remained quiet.
" Why,did you get dumped?" She didn't give an answer.
" You did get dumped! Of course, what kind of man would accept a woman who hit and ran as his girlfriend?"

" He's not that kind of person." She defend.

" What do you mean he's not. I can tell just by one glance. You met him thinking that he was a genuine man. Yet he took off after marriage was brought up. Aren't all those men you met like that?" I asked.

" I said it's not like that!" She yelled at me.

The guts.

I just stared at her.

" I do have a lot of debt because of him but, I didn't break up with him because of that. He's not the worthless kind of man you think he is. Even after he broke up with me, even when I did stupid things, he's the person who dropped me off to the hospital to save me." She said referring to the time I rushed her to the hospital and told the staffs not to mention me.
" He was there all night and went away without even saying hi to me because I might feel sorry."

" Hey that's...." I was about telling her that I was the one but she may think I'm going easy on her so I just stopped.

" So, don't talk like you know everything." She said then walked out.

____________

Jade pov

Big sis and I got an order, she was selling bags and some other stuff so we got an order from a woman who'd pay a lot. I got to the house and a young girl was the one who welcomed us.

" I really don't like this one, it doesn't look like the original." She complained then big sis was explaining how it wasn't a copy when Nathaniel's mum walked in. I immediately uses my hair to block my face but that didn't stop her from recognizing me.

She drags me out to their walk way. Telling everyone she wanted to have a quick talk with me.
How didn't I remember this building?! I mentally smacked my face with my palm.

" You remember me right?"  She asked.

" Yes." I how my head.
She scoffed.

" How dare you come here? With what mind did you come here?" She ask.

" It's not like that." I tried to defend myself.

" You're a bold one, aren't you?" She said.
" Last time you sold that ring and now you dare set foot in this house? Your face looks naive but your actions are like a fox. Nathaniel's taste is so... peculiar." She laughs. Then eyes me.