Chapter 13

It's time to let go.....

Jade

I arrived at the front of my house shop he sat on one of the star cases. my house the next morning and met William asleep. Was he here all night?

" William" I woke him.

" Jade?" He woke up instantly.

" Yea it me. "

" You should let me know if you're going somewhere." He breaths out.
" Do you know how much I worried about you?!" He scolds.
" Thinking something happened to you.....I don't know what'd I'd do if..."

I held his hand.

" I'm sorry. I forgot it's as hard for you as it is for me. I feel fine now. Don't worry. All we have to do is to remember..... then we were with Bright. You punishing the bad people is what you can do for me and your baby. Common go to work. Don't worry." I smile at him.

He nodded and hugged me. Giving me a long look before walking away.

I opened up the shop.

Bright.....I'm happy. Because of you I was happy. With our made memories,I'll get strength. Look after mummy okay Bright and keep shining on.

" Because he said he's daughter was coming,he packed his bag and has been sitting here for days." One of the care nurse told me.
" Even though I told him it not yet winter season he insists on wearing that same coat. " She added referring to the coat I bought for him before I was arrested.

" Thank you" I smile at her and walked towards my dad.

" Dad?" I called.

" Oh you finally came? You must be tired right?" He answered me.
" Why? Was work hard?" He asked when I didn't respond.

Dad! What Happened.

I took a deep breath before seating next to him.

" No it wasn't hard" I responded.

" Let's go home,I'm starving" he said.

" Dad? Do you know what day it is today? " I asked.
" It your birthday soon. Dad when is your birthday?" I asked to see if he'd really forgotten everything.

He frowns.

" I'm hungry" he said and smiled.
" Please take me home."

It breaks my heart to see him this way.

" Yea ....why would that kind of thing matter. It fine as long as I remember that. " He smiles.
" You just have to smile." He laughs.

I'm okay as long as you're alive and well here with me. I love you Daddy.

_________

I needed to start over again with everything I had lost, so I went job hunting. I tried almost 15 companies that needed help, they didn't hire me until one. The king group. But it wasn't a professional job. I was the cleaner, I who could work with anything agreed. I could still run my dad's shop at least. I'm just taking care of the two of us.

Before I start afresh I needed a way to approach June's mother. I went straight to her shop to beg her forgiveness. I stood in front of the shop and knelt down. People staring at me already.

" Who are you" she came outside looking confused.

Shit! What did the death of this lady do to her mother. She looked shattered and sad. I don't mean that in a bad way. She was pitiful. I know now how it feels to loose a child so I will mourn with her. I never knew June but I'm really sorry for her death.