Chapter 1

Where it all began...

Jade's POV.

'The number you have dialed is not reachable at the moment please try again later.'

I sigh at my phone. This has got to be the seventh time I have called.

" still haven't gotten through yet?" Julian, my coworker asked me.

We had just closed from our part time work.

" Yeah " I opened my locker and brought out a box that had a cake in.

I guess I have to eat this myself.

" You sure he's gonna come? By the looks of it,it seems he's busy with something,it why he can't pick up your calls." She added.

She's right.

" I'm sure it the network or something, He's gonna come......there's no way he forgot our anniversary." I gave her a big assuring smile.

Who am I kidding?

" okay if you say so. I have to go now. " she gave me a hug and left the locker room.

After I had changed from my uniform, I wore a slim fitted short white gown just above my knee. I brushed my brunette long hair and packed it into a ponytail. I put on a lip gloss and I took my purse and my box that had the cake in and left for my house.

-----------------

" Hey dad, I'm home!" I called out entering my house.

" Dad?!" I called out again.

" Yes honey?! I'm in here." He called out from the shop at the front of the main door.

" Hey dad? You still working?! " I asked entering the shop.

" Yeah, I just love baking,I can't seem to leave." He said.

" But whose gonna eat all these bread left?" I asked.

" Oh honey, do I have to stop?" He asked.

I gave him that knowing look.

" But honey you know I can't bring myself to shut down this bakery, number one, it the last memory I have of your mother and your little brother, number two, what am I meant to be busy with when you gone? Huh? You come home late and leave early. How do you think I try not to miss you?" He defends.

I sigh.

He gives me that cute old people look.

" Okay fine continue with your baking, but only if you promise to rest more." I said.

" Yes I promise. " he gives me a hug.

" By the way, I expected you to be home late, isn't today your anniversary?" He asked.

I just gave the cake box a look, turned around,headed to my bed room.

I got in and I dropped the cake.