Chapter 14.

Please save my dad.....

William pov

Looking around for Elizabeth, after sending Jade home. Met her crying on a stair case.

Apparently, she sang a song to Nathaniel trying to confess her feelings but when she was done with the song he had left the dinner party.

Seeing her cry made my chest ache. She needed someone to talk to. And I felt like it was best to talk to her but I had to let her calm down.

" Are you done crying?" I asked when her sobs fell silent.

" Did you come to watch or to sympathize?" She asked me.  Her voice shaking.

" Both" I smile.
" If we had heard the song until the end,it would have been better. There's this saying: because of the person wouldn't cry for you.... don't cry. " Brought out a handkerchief.
" Wipe your tears. And because this person wouldn't cry for you.... Elizabeth.... don't cry. Cry for someone that would." I drop the handkerchief on her lap and walked away.

Jade pov

So he was June's boyfriend after all. Why didn't I reason all these before?

" You can't hit a person....and just leave."

" The likes of your kind dare something of mine?"

" Why are you doing this to me? What did I ever do to you?!" I yell at him.

" Stay comfortably while you're inside, because when you come out,it will become very uncomfortable." He said.

That's when he became involved with me. I...no he thinks I killed his girlfriend. I thought I was just being threatened by those rich people. But he was....is just punishing me. He's in pain of loosing that one person.

" How can you just leave a body on the streets?!"

All these time, he was talking about Miss June.

" Jade!" William voice burst through the door when he walked in.

I was seated in my shop,my dad was already asleep, I was deep in thought before William brought me out.

" What happened?" He kneel at my front. Looking around.

" Nothing....it's nothing." I respond. Trying to stand up.

" Look at me. Did you get hurt?" He asked.

Yes

" I think I have to move out of the house." I said. That guy threatened me. Gave me a week to move out. Even though I'd say I would pay him back.

" The building owner came. He told me to move out this week."

" Huh? How?" He asked.

" He paid my dad's debt. I have to leave here. I can't be owned by him." I said. I know I can't pay him either.

" Let me talk to him" William offered.

"No Will please I'll take care of it. Don't worry about it. It's true I'm in debt." I told him.

Standing up almost falling, William grabs me and helps me stand.

" Let's get you inside." He offers.

Nathaniel POV

I left Elizabeth at dinner today. I just had to attend to some business. Going back to the venue, I saw her seated on the stair case that leads to the top floor where we dine.