Chapter 21

He knows.....

William pov

Getting home I saw the package Nathaniel was talking about. I opened it and it was a picture of I and Jade on our first date. On top was written: I know your secret.

Shit! He knows! Is that why he is intentionally keeping Jade around? To hurt us? Does he know that I was the one who drove the car?

I didn't waste anytime, I rushed to my former work place to check the case again. Was he at the scene? If he was why didn't he say anything?

I asked the police man that was in charge of the case if he saw another eye witness.

" Four years ago the case of hit and run of miss June. At that time, by chance, was there another eye witness?"

" Well all investigation reports at that time, we turned it over to the prosecutors. But anyways the hit and run from 4 years ago, why.... The hit and run lady you guaranteed identity for, did she say something? Right? Did she go to you and...." I cut him off.

" If you see or hear anything, please give me a call" then I gave him my business card.

" Wow a k group legal team director...." I nodded and was about to take my leave.
" Hold on. I suddenly remembered something now that I'm seeing this business card. This isn't the first k group business card I've received." He got up and went to another table opening the drawer.
" Here." He handed it over.

" Thank you" I fake smile and left the office.

Of course it had to be Nathaniel. He knows something. I went to the prosecution office to check the case of the file.

" You can't do this pro... lawyer Willam. You don't work here anymore, I'll get in trouble if they found out I let you through." One of my ex coworkers was in the office when I walked in.
" You have to apply through the courts first in order to review the record." He said.

I didn't listen to him, I finally got a hold of the file then wanted to go through it when he yelled.
" Mr William!"

I turn to face him.

" Jackson, you said your son just got in to k construction right?" I asked bringing out my card, I handed him the card.
" I understood his original plan was to get a post at k hotel right?"

Seeing my card, he didn't question me again, he smiled.

" Then, please leave after you've looked." Then he left me.

I went through the footage but I didn't see Nathaniel anywhere. Then what does he know. I collected the footage in a flash and was about leaving when Jude my senior walked in. He was in charge of the case filed against k group.

" You're here late." I said. Surprising him, he did not expect to see me.

" Hey, what is someone who quit doing in this office?" He asked.

I smiled at him.

" I came to see you." I replied. He smiled at my answer.
" The k group investigation case...when are you going to detonate it?" I asked.

" Even if the world is running at the highest speed ever, how can you switch sides this fast?" He asked.
" Since when did you become a k group spokesperson?"

" I have corrupt accounting information on this company...if you stop the investigation case...." He cut me off.

" Wow, now you're even making deals? Your legal gown suited you so well I wonder what made you change. You must really like the money you'll get out of it. Be careful..." He dusted my suit
" there's price to be paid for exceptional treatment. Although Nathaniel appears to be a rich kid born with silver spoon in his mouth taking after his dad, he has a scary side to him."