Chapter 17

Loosing someone precious.....

Jade pov

Been 24 hours now since I last saw my dad, the police haven't found anything yet. William came back to me empty handed. I handed some fliers out, pasted some on subways and bus stops and some blocks. He could be freezing and hungry somewhere and there's nothing I can do. I'm such a bad daughter.

Each night I seat, and print more fliers,stay up late, hoping someone would give me a call and tell me where my dad is. And for the first time since I've been handing out fliers someone called. He told me to go to the same hospital I had taken my dad to the other time. I was so happy they had found him I didn't wanna know why he was in the hospital. I bumped into the psycho on my way, he was looking pissed.

" Um....for overlooking the ring incident thanks for not getting me arrested. Even if it takes my whole life, I'll pay you back somehow. Because I have an urgent matter right now I have to go I'm sorry...." I was about leaving his front but he drags me back.
" Please be nice. They found my dad."

" Where?" He asked me.

" The general hospital." I replied and walk away.
" Taxi" I tried calling but none stopped for me. I was really in a rush, before I knew the psycho drags my hand and stuffed me in a car. He jams the door and goes to the driver's seat.

" I'll take you there." He drove off.

I was so scared when they directed me to an identification room( they identify the dead there.) I took a breath and open the door and walked in. I see a body covered I came close when they told me to.

The man in lab coat slowly removed the white cloth. I close my eyes hoping it wasn't my dad. Opening my eyes slowly, I fell instantly onto the ground. I recognize him. My dad.

I stood up and look at him again. I slowly touch his face. It was real? His eyes all closed. He was so pale. Why was he cold? He was wearing his jacket. I didn't know I should cry or scream or something. It was so unreal.

My eyes suddenly start to sting. Tears dropping. I silently look at his body laid on the surface.
" Hey Dad? Wake up, please" I touch his face again.
" Dad, why are you so cold? I bought you a jacket. You never took it off so....why?!" I lost myself screaming on top of my voice.

I look away, his feet weren't covered. I go straight to them.
" Dad why are your feet covered in blisters? Huh? How long were you walking?" I rub them.
" It must have hurt right?" I knee on the floor.
" I'm sorry. Dad what do I do? Dad?! Please wake up." Before I knew what was going on everything went blank.

___________

Boss lady, finally came out of prison. We became friends after all that happened. Immediately she heard about my dad, she came to pay her respect. I decided to bury my dad immediately. I couldn't let him suffer anymore. Since yesterday that I cried,I seem to have dried up. I couldn't cry even in the funeral. I kept smiling at those that payed their respect at my dad. His customers were most. Other than them was William and I haven't seen him since the day he told me he couldn't find my dad.

" Thank you for coming here as soon as you came out. " I hug her.

" It's not like I had anyone waiting anyone waiting for me" she gives me a smile.