Chapter 25

How could he?....

Jade's POV

Any time I get troubled, I hug my dad's jacket that I bought for him, just to feel his presence. This time I ended up putting my hand in the pocket of the jacket. Thing we're inside. Some old candy and a washed out receipt. But I could still make up the words.

It was the date of the day he died. I know the shop. I got up and went to my former neighborhood, the shop owner was already closing but I was quick to approach her.

" Hey Genevieve." I greeted the woman.

" Hi Jade. It's been so long. We didn't see you at all for a while, what are you doing here by this time of the night?" She asked.

" This...this receipt is this places' right?" I showed her the paper.

" Yes it's ours" she confirmed it.

" This is my dad's jacket." I showed her the last jacket he wore before he died.

" Oh right. Your dad came here frequently and bought cream bread. He couldn't get away from where he lives his whole life. But anytime he came, there was a woman with him."

" Yes my mum." I had tears in my eyes.

" But this date...that day, he came alone. Your father looked really well, that day he even recognized me. " She said.

" That day, is this the day?" I asked.

"I don't know whether it was that night or not. That day poured rain. A man came and took him. Wasn't he the man who was supposed to be your husband?"

" Thank you for this information." I cleaned the tears that had already poured out.

Willam was with my dad? We were looking for him together....what does this mean?
_____________

The next day, I saw the young man Mr Nathaniel is  always with at the front of my house.

" Please get in" he said pointing to the car behind him.

" Why?" I asked.

" The boss wants to see you." He responded.
" We already told your boss at the hotel you'd be absent today."

" But I can't skip on my own will. Tell him I'll go to the hotel." I said and wanted to leave but he just blocked my path.

" Please don't make me use force. He told me to make sure I bring you." He said.

I had no choice but to enter the car. When we got to the house, the young man told him and left.

" Why'd you want me here?" I asked.

" You're my employee. Work here today." He responded.

" Huh?"

" Since I sent the employee that works here on a vacation, this house is a mess. You do it instead." He said. I couldn't respond, he stood up to leave.
"Clean this up too" he said again referring to the food plates he'd  just used.