Chapter 29

Close...

Nathaniel POV

" President, I have found Stella." Jesse informed me.

" Who?" I  asked not remembering what he was talking about.

Then Jesse brought her file out, right then I remembered.

" Jade's cellmate from jail." Jesse said.

" Oh, why did she report Jade?" I asked.

" After she reported,thanks to the recommendation Willam wrote,while he was a prosecutor,she was transferred to a vocational training center." Jesse continued.

" What?"

" Yes sir. William was involved." Jesse brought out another file.
" This is the screenshot of the parking lot CCTV that Miss Shipman requested. " He handed some pictures to me.

It showed William taking Jade's father into a car. The night the man died.
I remember seeing her in so much pain that I couldn't take it when I saw her.

I hit my hand aggressively on my table.
" Son of a bitch!"

I told Jesse to get William to see me. We met at my house bar.
" Put your guard down. I didn't call you for work." I said when I saw the look on his face.

" If it wasn't for work, I wouldn't have come all the way here." William said.
" I'm behind the the contracts I need to confirm."

" I'll make it short then." Then I brought out file Jesse gave me.
" Stella. Jade's cellmate who reported for her child's abuse,right?" I asked.

His expression changed as usual. I could read this guy like Everytime.

" Why did you write the recommendation for her?" I asked.

" It is something that has nothing to do with you." He said.

" It has nothing to do with me, I agree. But it's Jade that's the problem, for someone whose first reaction is too close to her mouth, as soon as you are mentioned, why did she turn against you so suddenly? That's what I'm so intrigued about.
There's no secret in the world, right?"

" Just what is it that you want to say?" He asked.

" The prosecutor who was screaming for justice of an era, behind the scenes,secured his child?...wow. Mr William,you and I....what I said about us not being different, I would like to take that back. Because I don't think I can become such an insidious character." He didn't even flinch.
" Did Jade turn around knowing this, or did you pull some other crap that is huge?" I had to ask.

" Wasn't the parole a plan you came up with, Nathaniel?" He asked.

" You should say what is right. It was you who made the choice, Mr William." I smirk.

" Nathaniel!" He raised his voice at me.

" The person who put the red flag on the parole document is you not me. For me it was simply, for the sentencing you gave, I wanted Jade to serve out the term in the correctional facility. Of course,I absolutely regret that now, but..."