Chapter 5

Watching the one...

Nathaniel POV

I watched her coming out from a restaurant.  It seems she's done with work. Jesse has told me exactly where she was and I drove there straight. She passed the front of my vehicle unaware of the eyes watching her.

She took a taxi and I followed her exactly where she went to. Not that I didn't know where she was going to. I obviously told Jesse to file a case against her.

She paid the taxi and she looks at the building she was about entering. Her phone rang but she seemed to ignore it. She cuts the phone and entered the station.

Jade POV.

I got a call that I was needed at the station,immediately I got that I rushed to the station, was about entering when William called. I cut the call and entered the station.

" Miss Shipman, do you think that makes sense?" The officer asked me when I explained the side of my story to him.

" It true, I didn't know." I answered.

" How does a person that doesn't know,the very next day gets the car completely fixed. And not even at a car center,but secretly,isn't there something strange about that?" He ask.

" That's because...I asked someone I knew to try to get it done cheaper." I answered.

" Cheaper? Really? You going with that? From that car you asked some one to fix cheaply,blood was found." He said.

Shit!

" No,there's something wrong here. Please believe me,there wasn't a person there. No one saw anything. On that rainy road...Because a truck suddenly popped out so my car slipped,we,no,I..." I almost slipped out that I wasn't alone.
I can't let them know William was there with me.
"...Hit a barrel at the construction site. I even got out and checked myself. " I defended. Remembering William telling me it was nothing.

He can't lie to me...can he?

" But the barrel you insist you hit wasn't there at the scene." The officer cuts me off.

" it was in the middle of the street,so I moved it to the side of the road,because I thought it might be dangerous,please look for it one more time." I said referring to the barrel.

I saw the barrel.

" Look for what!" The officer yelled,gaining many stares from others around us.
" The evidence is right here. Look at this." He said showing me the picture of the body found on the road.
" I mean...because it was a rainy night,do you think just insisting would work? Anyway...within today,the forensic testing results of the blood will be out."

" That could not be. I didn't know, no...I didn't hit a person!" I insisted.

Bang!

I heard someone hit the door.

" You surprise me." The officer said looking at the direction the noise was heard. I looked too.

There was a man, about 6'2, he looked sick. His eyes all red and swollen his black hair all messed up. He was wearing a white T-shirt and a black suit. His trouser being also black. He looked frustrated.